Monday, September 29, 2008

A bee sting and a makeover

Yesterday we had lunch with our friends at the prayer garden at church. We went to Zaxby's, got chicken, and brought it back for a little picnic. We had the best time getting to catch up while our kids played. There were a million roses (and I'm not kidding...a million) in bloom and hence, that presented an issue. BEES. EVERYWHERE. Buzzing around our faces and our food. Well, I got stung the FIRST time on my foot, but I was able to squish the sucker and get revenge right after he stung me.

I wore a pretty little dress (Paul got me last year for our anniversary) to church and so I was wearing this full-skirted dress in the prayer garden. We were heading over to the car to change a baby when, OH YES, it did...a bee flew up my skirt and got me. Where? I'm not gonna say. But ye---ouch! I was dancing around like a lunatic. Practically beating myself trying to get this thing off (or out from under) me. My poor friend, she must have wanted to laugh, I mean, I would have been ROLLING watching someone else put on this kind of show. But she was so sympathetic.

I don't know if I ever blogged about my Brown Recluse spider bite last summer, but I seem to draw bugs and they bite me ALL THE TIME! Just call me Little Miss Muffet.

Today, I'm healing. Not gonna run the hill tonight.

When I got back to the car, Will was tattling..."mo-om, Wesley made a HUGE mess in the car!" (in that sing-songy voice). When I opened the door this is what I found...now this is the kind of mess that really doesn't bother me. (Other than the fact that it attracts bees). Flower petals, pink rose flower petals at that! Our car smelled divine on the way home. But don't try this at home, cause they stain.

And, as I'm sure you've noticed, my blog has undergone and Extreme Makeover! I felt like the old pink was a little too...."LIGHTS ON, EVERYBODY WAKE UP" - like an annoying camp counselor or something. So, I wanted to tone it down a bit. But I still have pink. I will ALWAYS have pink! If you want to "pimp out your blog", go to leeloublogs.blogspot.com and follow the directions. It's easy! Thanks Toni for the link.

6 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

Love your new look! You are stylin'! That is funny about the bee but I am sorry about the bee biting you on the ________?

Toni R. said...

I love the new look! I'm sorry about the bee sting, though. I can't even imagine!!! You poor thing!

Dolly said...

Angela, you are so funny! I love the way you write. You're such a romantic! I can just see you in the prayer garden in your frilly little dress that Paul bought you and then getting a bee sting. OUCH!!! I hope it's feeling better by now.

Donna said...

I thought the same thing, Dolly! Angela you are a romantic:) I have to say I have never been stung by a bee. I'm sure it hurt. What did Chandra have to say about it?

Angela Richardson said...

Donna, Donna Donna...I can always count on your for a good laugh! Let's just say Chandra and I are not on speaking terms right now.

Ebay girl! I'm tellin' ya! You would be so good at it!

Teecy said...

Girl, great post! I probably would have been laughing too! You are hilarious!

I was checking my email yesterday while my student teacher was teaching and I almost busted up in class when I read the cheer on your comment on my blog! Good one!

W-I-N, victory once again!

this is getting harder! (that's what she sa... i'll stop myself...just like michael has!)