Saturday, September 13, 2008

Another Southern "Wedding"

Monday, September 15, 2008
Gilcrease Gab
Okay, this girl is hilarious. My friend Jennifer entered a post this morning that I think is worth the read. Disclaimer..."My name is Angela Richardson and I approve this message..." gilcreasegab
On to the wedding story...
Paul was honored to perform another ceremony on Friday night. Our friends David and Tara renewed their vows. The ceremony was at the Ragsdale Inn in downtown Dallas. I had been excited for weeks about this event when I got my invitation. As I've said before I LOVE WEDDINGS! They've been through some hard times and they wanted to again pledge their commitment and love fore each other. Their kids, Sam and Faith were a part of the celebration and were DARLING!

Let me set the scene for you: An older country home with giant oak trees shading the grounds, little white chairs with red bows, great friends, beautiful music, candles - everywhere, dinner and DANCING! Yes, that's right, the second time around these two wanted dancing at their celebration. I was THRILLED for them, but for me as well. We did not have dancing at my wedding (I seriously don't think it was allowed in the TRBC Fellowship Hall) So, I kind of lived my life through them last night and enjoyed every bit of the dancing right along with them. Especially when "Brown-eyed Girl" came on! We were cuttin' a rug, let me tell ya!

One of the highlights was when David got everyone's attention and told Tara that he would always be willing to make a fool of himself for her. Then, he started to sing to her..."Let My Love Open The Door" - (Steve Carell style) in front of everyone! To view David singing to Tara on youtube, click here.

My friends Tandy and Dez were the photographers. They have started their own business called sugarsnapphotography. They are so talented and make every picture look like it belongs in a magazine. Any "Georgian's" out there who need a good photographer...these are your gals!

Last night on the way home Paul and I were talking about the whole evening and how much fun we had. Thank you David and Tara for allowing us to be a part of your night. You guys are great and we look forward to our Office Premiere Party!! :)

ps - if you want to view Paul's version of the evening click here.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great recap of the evening! What a fun time! We've got some smooth dance moves for a bunch of baptists! And, thanks for the pics...I'm so excited to finally be on crumbs in my butter...woohoo!

Hollie said...

OK, you are too funny! No, I do not think you are a lurker
What a fun wedding! I'm glad you guys had a nice time!

Toni R. said...

I LOVE your dress!! That is SO cute!!! Looks like you guys had a great time!