Monday, September 15, 2008

Meryl Streep does a TOE TOUCH!


Well, I finally saw Mamma Mia! This weekend my friend Paige and I went out for a movie night. I had to search for a theatre that was still playing this movie. I have wanted to see it since the day it opened and just never had time. I could have sung EVERY song in the movie. It's a tad cheezy in the very beginning, but it grows on you. By the time they get to "Dancing Queen", I was hooked. I think the highlight of the movie for me was seeing Meryl Streep do this:

HOLD THE PHONE! This woman is in some SERIOUS shape! I used to pride myself on my toe touches, but she had me beat. And she's is 59 YEARS OLD! I don't know if she does yoga, or pilates or what, but I'd love to know her secret. She is so talented too. If you watch "Devil Wears Prada" and then watch "Mamma Mia", they're such different roles and she nails them.

Now, about Pierce. Yes, I call him by his first name. We're great friends.


I got that little uncomfortable feeling you get when someone is singing and you're hoping they hit the note. I gotta tell ya, he should really stick to acting and looking nice. Although his singing wasn't the best, you can't make him ugly.

Paige and I, just about the only ones in the theatre!


And just so we're clear...I think THIS is the most handsome man on the planet! Plus, he's more my age! :)

3 comments:

Dolly said...

I can't believe you just NOW saw that movie Angela. I feel bad because you wanted to see it so bad when we were all together in July and we never did. I loved that movie too and you're right...it's a little cheesy at first but it grows on you for sure. I love your little praise on Paul! So sweet!

Toni R. said...

I want to see that movie, too! The only thing that irks me about Meryl Streeps toe touch is that her toes aren't pointed! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic web-site, I hadn’t come across this before during my researches! Carry on with the wonderful work!