Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How to eat a candy corn

I bought my first bag of candy corn yesterday. Key word: FIRST! There will be more. My friend Mindi and I agree that it has to be BRACH'S candy corn. They're just the best. Okay, so we were talking and we realized that we both eat them the same way. For such a small piece of candy, we SAVOR each and every section. Starting with the tip. The white tip should snap or pop right off. If it's not doing this you may have an old bag or it's not Brach's.

The orange section is a two bite step for me. I like to bite the orange half way down. Then the last of the orange. Leaving the corn. The corn is the healthy part of course!
Here are a couple of "duds" from the bag. Such a shame. I can't eat them if all three parts are not there. It's like the trinity. You need ALL THREE! My kids are more than happy to oblige on the duds.

These are perfection. And, they're already gone. :)

Here are some of my fall house pictures...



Like just about everyone else, Fall is my favorite time of year. Yesterday I had the windows open all day. Today we're off to Kennesaw Mountain to hike and have a picnic.
Now the other thing I get excited about with Fall is the jeans and sweaters. However this year, my favorite jeans have magically shrunk. They are just plain American Eagle jeans, but I love them and I'm gonna work really hard to get into them by jean weather, well, lets say, by Disney World...October 19th. I'll keep you posted. (Probably should lay off all the candy corn huh?:)
For some reason it looks like one leg is shorter than the other.

And last but not least, one of my favorite fall movies is Runaway Bride. There's a part where "Maggie" is swinging on an old tire swing under a fall tree, she's wearing a sweater and jeans. It's one of those movie moments that makes you want to hop into the screen! I also love this song from the movie.

10 comments:

jenniferg said...

I totally eat my Candy Corn that way! It taste better to section it off. How do you eat an Oreo? Insides first, then put the two cookies together? What about a 3 Musketeers? Chocolate then the nugat?
Skip and I disagree on the spelling of nugat, nuget, nugget. Whatever.. the yummy center.

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

Angela, I am with you on the candy corn, I love it, especially when it has the chocolate on the bottom. Your house looks very nice for the fall. I need to get my fall stuff out of my attic, right now I am planning for a yard sale!

Toni R. said...

I eat my candy corn that was as well! I LOVE your fall house decor, too!
By the way, it will probably be too hot to wear those jeans in Florida anyways ;)

Anonymous said...

Candy corn is out?!?!?! Oh gee...I must get to the store now!!!

Another great fall movie, Dan In Real Life. After Stephen and I watched it, we both wanted to put on sweatshirts and jeans and drive up to a cabin at the lake!!!!

Angela Richardson said...

Annette, I LOVE Dan In Real Life. I re-lived it at the "wedding" last weekend. So fun! I love the part where she burns his pancakes on purpose and he eats them anyway, and pretends to LOVE them.

Dolly said...

This is a funny post! I LOVE Candy Corn too but I don't like to savor it. I like to stick a few at a time in my mouth all at once so I have a mouth full! The more the better. :)

The one leg on those jeans DO look longer than the other. That's funny!

And lastly, I LOVE your fall decorations too. I bet your boys love how you take care of your house so nice. I'm doing finishing touches on mine this weekend. Got to get it all spiffed up before Michael comes. You know he'll notice those things.

Anonymous said...

Candy corn also tastes great mixed in a bowl of peanuts. It's kinda like a payday candy bar, but better! I know...I was skeptical too, but it's good. Plus, you're getting protein with the peanut, right? And that counteracts the sugar. :)

Donna said...

Your house looks so cozy for fall! I personally like the candy corn pumpkins. I like to bite of the green stem and then eat the pumpkin!

tawn said...

Angela,

I can't believe that this is your FIRST bag of candy corn. I eat it year-round, but I have to limit myself to 8 pieces a day, or I would eat it until I was sick. But I have my eight pieces every morning with my first cup of coffee at 4:45am while putting on my makeup. You could call my breakfast, but then when I finish I go and eat my "real" breakfast. And the Indian corn is to die for, but, alas, it is only available this time of year.

Rockstarwife said...

Just saw this! Too cute! I must admit, I am almost sick to my stomach due to the ungodly amount of candy corn I consumed today. Next time we are together, we must ponder the bag vs. plastic container. What is up with that? They are both Brach's. And why do they even waste their time with Autumn mix? The ones with the black booty's just won't do either...