Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sarah Palin's Glasses a BIG HIT!


Paul told me tonight, that on Drudge Report this morning...there is a 2 month waiting list for her frames. I copied an article and attached it here:

Style conscious voters in the US are racing to get their hands on a pair of Sarah Palin's signature rimless glasses.

Opticians in the States have seen an influx in demand for Palin's specs, which she wore during her convention speech last week.

The $375 frames are by Japanese designer Kazuo Kawasaki, and are made from titanium. They are from a collection entitled the 704 series, and her specific style is the 34 grey.
Retailers are now clamouring to stock the style, as demand has continued to soar.
Palin bought hers from an optician in Chugiak in Alaska, where owner Joy Leedham helped her choose the design. Leedham has since been inundated with orders, and told The Observer this weekend that she has been swamped by emails with the same query, 'Sarah Palin glasses please.'


Doggon' it, I just got new glasses last spring. (My first new pair in 13 years!!!) I spent some money, because I wanted them to last. So I went for these uber trendy Ralph Lauren specs. They are a little flashy. But I like the tortoise shell. I guess I'll have to hang on to my very loud, very "non-Sarah" glasses until the frenzy dies down. It does bug me a little when this type of "phenomenon" sweeps over the nation. She's the Jennifer Aniston of glasses. What makes them cool is that they're unique. Like the Vera Bradley thing...when everyone you see is carrying the "Mod Floral Pink" bag, it's not as special. That's just my opinion. Don't judge my no makeup and messy hair, I just got back from a run and when I heard about this I couldn't take the time to spruce up before posting.

7 comments:

Dolly said...

You still look b-e-a-utiful Angela! I know, it's all over the news that everyone is trying to get her glasses. It's so funny! The frenzy WILL die down but I do like her frames. They are unique. I love your glasses too. They make you look so smart! :)

Dezirae said...

I Luaghed out loud!!! I love your face in the last pic!! And from one obvious big, black rimmed glasses wearer to another, I think they are cute!!

jenniferg said...

Okay.. Now that is funny! LOVE the face. Girl.. You are a comedian. You need to write a column.

Anonymous said...

So I am going to get some fake one's from Claires and then pretend they are the real thing. Tim loves the glasses look so what do I got to lose?

Love you!

Kristi Smalley said...

Now Angela, you don't have "Glasses Inferiority" now. Don't go with the trend, the masses, be someone who stands alone, someone who swims upstream, someone who knows who they are in their glasses!!! Ha! I like SP glasses but I LOVE yours. Me a tortoise shell lover.

I read your other post about the candy corn. That was a hilarious play-by-play of the progression of candy corn eating. I didn't know it was such a science. For some reason, I have never liked candy corn. That is unusual b/c anything that has sugar in it is pleasing to the Kristi Palette.

BTW - I typed this long email back to you and Olivia came and clicked my mouse and it erased it all. I have had sick children so I haven't taken the time to sit down and retype everything but I will. Just to let you know that I haven't forgotten you.

Anonymous said...

The day that McCain announced Sarah as his running mate was the day we were going to pick out new glasses for myself! Stephen suggested some Palin frames, but I chose some dark-rimmed glasses instead!! Guess I won't be hip and in style with my glasses either!!

Denise said...

Angela you are funny. Cute post!