Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Soccer, Date night, and campfire


Will started playing soccer this week. At 6:30 pm, about half way through practice, I look over and Will is laying flat on his back, tuckered out. Now mind you, he is suppose to be the goalie. So I went over to him and told him he needed to get up and play. He told me he was so tired his "limbs were going to stop working". The kid is EXHAUSTED! With school, waking up at 6:30, getting home at 3:00 and trying to squeeze in soccer. It's been an adjustment. Labor day weekend was a great breather for all of us.

Paul and I went on a date Friday night to The Cheesecake Factory. We had the BEST dinner! And, we didn't get cheesecake, but we got a hot piece of chocolate cake with a scoop of ice cream, recommended by our waiter. Funny story about our waiter. When we walked in, he came up to me and said, "I just want you to know I use to be in school for fashion design, and I think your dress is just GORGEOUS!". Well, I was flattered to say the least. Especially since he was in fashion design and all. Then ANOTHER male waiter came and commented on my dress. Then, yes, ANOTHER one. I was beginning to think something was up, but Max, our waiter said that they just really liked it. Now, it isn't pictured here that well, but it is very Jackie Kennedy'ish. I told Paul I MUST look good to be getting so many complements! HA! I will be wearing that dress again for sure!

Tonight we watched the Sizemore kiddos. They are the BEST behaved children. Even better than our own! We grilled out, had a little campfire and roasted marshmallows and I got to paint fingers and toes!!! I even braided little Becca's hair. Ahhh, I love having girls around. It makes me happy. I tried to get Alyssa to wear an apron with me tonight in the kitchen, but she said it was too poofy. Oh well. I wore one anyway, poofy and all!

2 comments:

Toni R. said...

Great post Angela! I HAVE to see this dress...the WHOLE thing!

Dolly said...

That's so funny about Will laying on the ground and he's the goalie! Poor little guy.

Yes, I'm with Toni, if you had that many compliments on your dress, you have to show us the whole thing. WEar it again and get Paul to take a full length pic of you in it! It's a great color on you for sure.