Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary Paul, My FAVORITE!


11 years ago, October 3, 1997, I was 19, Paul was 21 and we looked a lot younger than that. We were so young we couldn't even rent a car on our honeymoon! Something I had inscribed on the inside of Paul's ring, was "I love you, my favorite." The funny thing about that is, Paul was the ONLY guy I ever dated. But it's because I only wanted to date my favorite. Why waste my time on non-favorites, right?! This picture was taken right before our high school's Jr/Sr. Paul and I dated in high school and we went to the Jr/Sr 3 years in a row together. We had a great group of friends and always went out after football games. I was a cheerleader, he was....the waterboy. But, a very athletic waterboy I'll have you know. He loved being around the team and encouraging them. Paul started speaking in high school and has been a pastor for the past 11 years. I have LOVED being his partner in ministry.

Alright, it's about to get really sappy. But I have to say a few words about my husband. So, if you can't stomach the mushiness, just skip to the slideshow! :)

I never knew when we said our vows..."for better or worse", what that all really meant. I knew that I loved Paul and I wanted to be with him forever. But now that we have been through some "worse" times, I know that he really means he's not going anywhere. And neither am I. I am so proud of him. He truly has a servant's heart and not just in ministry. He is a servant in our home. He has shown my boys how to love and respect me. He cleans the bathrooms - HUGE BONUS, and if you were to walk into our bathroom right now, you'd know which sink is his...the CLEAN one. Mine's full of products and flat irons. He listens to me talk in circles until I finally come to my point. And, he somehow understands every word of it. He tells me what to order at restaurants because he knows me better than I do. He stirs my coffee just the way I like it. He squishes bugs for me. He watches movies like "You've Got Mail", and "Sweet Home Alabama" with me. (I do think he actually likes those, hee, hee). He's fiercely loyal, example (Dallas Cowboys, our church, Starbucks, David Letterman) But what I love the most about him is that he is authentic. He does everything out of genuine love for God and his family. I can tell you one thing for SURE...whatever comes our way, I will stand by my man and support him. I love you babe! Happy Anniversary!!!
Paul used to give me single cassettes in high school. The first 2 songs on my playlist were some that he gave me. "When You Love Someone" by Bryan Adams, and "I Swear" by All 4 One". A little walk down memory lane.

10 comments:

Dolly said...

ANGELS SCHONFELDER RICHARDSON, this was SUCH a sweet post. The thing is, everything you said about Paul is so true. He's such a consistent person and I don't think I've EVER seen him any different. (And I've known him a long time too) You both are so blessed to have each other. Don't forget how lucky he is to have you too! Happy Anniversary to you both. I forgot it's that time of year when you two got married. THANK YOU for not posting any pics of me from your wedding. I was a little on the heavy side...you know, the whole freshman 15 or 30...something like that! :)
I love you guys!

Dolly said...

Oh, and I LOVE what you engraved in his ring....so cute!

Anonymous said...

Okay, those were awesome! I LOVED the slideshow, it's great. It made me get a little emotional. 11 years! Ah, I love you guys.

Tonya said...

Angela, Angela, I am shedding a tear! That was the sweetest post! Paul really is and always has been just an all around great guy! And he has always loved you so completely from the very beginning...way back. Even in high school I can remember thinking how smitten he was with you! Just so sweet! You make the most beautiful couple! Your sweet family is a glowing example for all!

Kristi Smalley said...

Angela, that was the most AMAZING post. I had tears in my eyes just reading it. You made me wish I could hop on a plane to GA and meet sweet Paul.

Happy Anniversary! (Be sure and show him this post and you will guarantee yourself a VERY NICE anniv. present) Ha@

Toni R. said...

That is so sweet! Paul is such a great guy and you are a wonderful person as well! Happy Anniversary! I totally forgot Paul was the waterboy in high school! Ha! HA!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so now you will know that I am officially stalking you through your blog:) I loved what you wrote. You guys always were such a sweet couple! You are so right, why date those who aren't your favorite! What a wonderful gift God gave the two of you. CONGRATULATIONS!

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

Hey Angela, that was one of the sweetest post I have ever read! Paul is tried and true and so are you! You guys make a great team! I hope you both enjoyed the day!
I sent another invite to you this morning hopefully that worked if not let me know :)

Hollie said...

Happy Happy Anniversary!!! How funny that we were both married at 19 and celebrated 11 yrs. so close!!
I hope you had a great weekend:)
I don't know that guy Brian, but Pete may. I just know LV Hanson. Small world!!
Are you on Facebook?

Denise said...

Very sweet post Angela! I loved seeing all pictures! You two still look just the same as you did way back in your LCA day's.

I like your ring inscription too!

Happy Anniversary, and may your dreams together keep coming true!