Saturday, October 11, 2008

North Georgia Birthday!



Pumpkin roll - Happy Birthday to ME! Lord have mercy, these things are delish!

I think I can sum up my birthday yesterday with one word...FOOD! Paul had the day off, so we headed up to North Georgia. First stop - Chic-fil-A for a chicken biscuit and chocolate milk. YUM! I've been behaving myself with my diet for a while, so yesterday I felt as though nothing was off limits.
Paul likes to use his iphone for directions, and I've gotta say, it's not always dependable.
We got a little lost. We stopped at "Granny's" convenient store...they were no help, but, I had to take this picture of Paul asking the BREAD MAN where Burt's pumpkin farm is. We've been there many times, so I'm blaming it on the iphone.
While we were driving, it started drizzling, I was bummed because I wanted it to be this beautiful fall day. But by the time we got to the pumpkin farm, the clouds were clearing and the sun was out! It was perfect! We went straight for concessions where I got 4 pumpkin rolls - to be shared with my family of course. We went on a hayride and got a few pumpkins and squash. We had a great time there. Then we loaded up and headed back for home...that is until I saw THESE signs:Now I am a huge fan of the slaw dog. I know some of you are thinking...euw. But I had Paul whip the car around so we could stop for lunch. It was the sweetest little country store/restaurant, where you eat outside, at a picnic table, under the trees, in the mountains....AHHHH! Here is a picture of our feast!We loaded up again, with every intention to head back home, until we saw signs for the Apple Orchards. Signs were on either side of the road..."Fried Apple Pies", "Apple Fritters", "Petting Zoo", etc. So, again we stopped. As soon as we got out of the car we could smell the sweet apples on the trees. We ended up getting a fried apple pie AND an apple fritter...woah, getting on the verge of a binge here. We took the boys to the petting zoo. We got to hold little chicks - I walked away from Wesley for a second and I turned to find him doing this: picking up these poor things by their wings and tossing them. He thought it was hilarious, but the petting zoo attendant did not think it was funny. yikes.

Paul and I had dinner plans last night at Bahama Breeze, where I got my favorite dish - Jerk Chicken Bowtie Pasta. Don't ask me HOW I had room for it. But I will say, that today, I haven't been the least bit hungry.
Will and I shared a birthday cake this year. We both love the funfetti cake with rainbow chip icing. Today, I have already had one of my green smoothies and LOTS of water. I feel like I need to detox after all that yesterday, but it was so fun. And really, the BEST part was being with my family!

6 comments:

Toni R. said...

Happy Birthday Angela! I am laughing so hard at the picture of your son holding the two small pumpkins w/the caption "no words"!! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Looks like you guys had such a fun day. And those pumpkin rolls.......they look SO good!

Dolly said...

AH ANGELA! I forgot to call you yesterday and had all intentions of doing so. Sounds like you had a GREAT birthday and soaked in all the good food that comes along with your day. Good recap! Makes me want one of those pumpkin rolls. I'm glad Paul made it such a special day for you. Happy 31st my friend!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good day! Can't wait 'til this weekend - tell my boys I'll see 'em soon!

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

Angela, it looks like you had a PERFECT birthday! I am craving all the food you ate right now! Happy Belated Day! You look great!

Donna said...

Happy belated birthday! That looks like a fun way to spend a birthday--surrounded with the ones you love most. I love the picture of you eating the pumpkin roll and sweet Will looking at you in the background! SO cute!

jenniferg said...

Okay.. why exactly is Will holding 2 pumpkins in that manner? I have no words either.