Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My buddy is 6

October is a celebration month for us. Our anniversary, Will's birthday, my birthday and 2 of my nephews as well. Plus I have several friends with Oct. birthdays. What a great month to celebrate in! I love having a fall birthday and 6 years ago, I got the best birthday present ever!...I'll never forget the first time I saw this little guy. He looked right into my eyes, as if to say, "oh, it's so bright in here, what just happened to me?" I got to bring him home 2 days later on MY birthday. Those first weeks/months with Will were tough. That child didn't sleep through the night until he was 9 months old. We tried every tactic people would tell us to try. He had acid reflux and colic. So he kept us on our toes, but boy was he ever sweet. He got passed around to dozens of people every Sunday at church and would just smile and make them feel so loved. I have to tell you, Will is a trooper. Paul and I have felt so many times like we are "winging it" as parents. Will has gone along with so many of our new "family plans", or "rules". I'm sure in his little mind, he was thinking....here they go again, trying to figure me out and change things around on me. But he always goes along with it. Even now. Today has actually been a rough day with both my boys. (just before I typed this Will threw dirt all over his little brother, so I had to give Wes a bath before naptime - agh!) They are both in their rooms. Wesley for a nap, Will for time-out. But even now as he's sitting up there, I'm thankful for him and the things he's taught me. I remember my gramma saying that your kids will teach you so much. They really have!
Will's birthday is tomorrow, October 8th. I'm going to have a 6 year old. These years have flown by. Will is so much like his daddy. In every way. They look alike, they walk alike, etc...One of my favorite pictures of the two of them is this one from our family beach trip when Will was 2. Daddy and Will walking on the beach together. Will and his buddy Cobe. Happy birthday Will! (As if he will read this!:)

10 comments:

jenniferg said...

Happy Birthday Will!
Love the photos..

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Will! He's such a cute little boy too...you're one lucky mama. :)

October is a busy month for us too...2 nephews birthdays, parent's anniversary, mom's b'day, BFF b'day and last, but not, least, my birthday. Oh, and then Nov 3 is Max's b'day. But, all that AND the great weather makes it the best month, doesn't it?

Happy early Birthday! I saw on Dolly's blog that the big day is this Friday...hope you have something fun planned!

Toni R. said...

Oh, how sweet! The years really DO fly by! I'm still in denial that my little baby girl is going to start MIDDLE SCHOOL next year!!!
Those pictures are just so sweet!
Enjoy your October :)

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday Will! So sweet! He is just precious! Both of your boys are. My oldest will be 6 in January and I really can't believe it either! It goes by so fast! Hope you guys have a week full of celebrating!

Dolly said...

Happy birthday to Will! The pictures were so fun to see. You've got two handsome little boys Angela! I know they love their mommy too. I loved hearing your experience meeting Will for the first time in the hospital. Makes me excited to be a mommy!

Denise said...

Wow, you have had a week or two of celebrations! Happy Birthday to the birthday boy! He's a cutie!

Jamie Sizemore said...

Happpy Birthday Will! I miss dancing with you, we need to get together soon,love ya! Mrs. Jamie

Anonymous said...

Awww Happy Birthday Will! Angela to you too!!!! I want to do something with you soon! Your little Will is amazing and I am so glad our boys are friends. Cobe cannot wait to hang out tomorrow! You are one hot momma!!!!! LOVe you!

Anonymous said...

October is one of my favorite months!!! But you have SO MUCH to celebrate!

HAppy Anniversary, Happy Birthday to you, and Happy Birthday to Will! :)

Kristi Smalley said...

He is just a cutie-pa-tootie, alright. He has the most adorable little expressions. Tell him his mom's blog buddies wish him a Very Happy Birthday!