Monday, October 27, 2008

And the winner is....


Tonight we had our 11th annual staff fall party. Well, we skipped last year, so this would be the 10th. I LOVE doing this party! It's in my blood. Fall, chili, pumpkins, cider. I started having this party at my house years ago when our staff was small and it has grown over the years as our staff has grown. I've had to find other places for this party and this year we were at the Estes home. It was BEAUTIFUL! Let me set the scene... long driveway, a little hilly and bumpy (perfect!) leading up to a white country home with big columns. It was Frrreezing tonight! Perfect weather for this party. Paul drove people up the driveway to the house on the golf cart after the cars were parked. And, I learned how to ride a 4-wheeler for the first time tonight too! We ate chili....lots of chili! We got to talk and hang out together. Each year we bring carved pumpkins for a contest and we have a dress up contest too. This year was country western style. Here's the winning pumpkin....Dave and Chris, congratulations! This thing had HUGE teeth, a silver tooth and braces and nails spiked in its head! Some imagination there DAVE! :)
This is my Sarah Palin pumpkin. I know it's probably a little creepy that I would carve her face on a pumpkin, but I thought it would be funny. It looked a lot better last night after I had just carved it. It got a little mushy today and she looks a little more manly. (I don't know why all this is underlined by the way, but I can't get it off)
The Georgia Bulldog pumpkin was really good too!

It was a great night. I came home, put on some warm flannel pj's. Ahhh. I was going to post about our trip to Disney World tonight...when I tried to get all our pictures off Paul's computer from the ENTIRE week, we lost them ALL! So, we are going to try and get some from Paul's mom and order some of the online pic's that the park photographers took.

Tonight is the first night I've pulled out my cherry pit pack. What is that you may ask? It is a material bag full of cherry pits and other good smelling things. You put it in the microwave to warm it and put it on your neck or back. Me? I put it on my feet. After they're washed of course. I have a problem with COLD FEET! They're always freezing. I can't go to sleep without washing my feet, but especially if they are cold. This little thing makes me so happy! I look forward to getting it out every year.


4 comments:

Teecy said...

I love fall parties!
I'm cracking up because when I looked at that picture, I thought, "I see Kirsten, but where is Brent?" I kept looking back and forth trying to find him.
LOL! That guy is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

You gotta love my girl! She's the only one I know who would show her roots online! Love ya!

Donna said...

I love the pumpkins! Sarah Palin....great idea, Angela!!! How did you do that?

I'm with you, I love fall parties. I bet it was a fun night. I'm freezing right now as I type this and that cherry pit thing seems SO nice!

Kristi Smalley said...

OK, I left a comment earlier and it has disappeared. DId you censor me? LOL!

I loved the whole fall party thing you had with your staff. How fun!!! See, you do have Anne of Green Gables.

Now, I would contest the pumpkin contest b/c I like the S.Palin pumpkin. I mean, the other doesn't even compare to yours. I would get in somebody's face!!!

Now for the cold feet....I also have FREEZING feet all the time. I have one of those packs but it is packed with flaxseed and herbs. I have never thought of using it for my feet. What a great idea!