Monday, February 2, 2009

Be NICE to your SPICE


It's the month of LOVE! I want to challenge you to be nice to your spice in the days leading up to Valentine's. (Spice is Paul's alternate word for spouse:)

These are my favorite Valentine things:

*Breakfast in bed. For both of us.
*A good date. Dinner and a movie.
*Chocolate. Oh, the chocolate!!!
*Love songs.
*Heart shaped pancakes.
*Romantic comedies.
*Candles.
*Flowers.
*Nothing and I mean NOTHING can top a hand-written card from my hubby. That's always my very favorite!

Here's some Valentine things that are NOT my favorite.

*Teddy Bears holding a heart that says "Be Mine", "I love you BEARY much".
*The pre-made Valentine cupcakes at the store. Bright red/pink icing.
*GIGANTIC heart cards.
*Pre-packaged gift ensembles. Where's the creativity?

I know, I know, I probably sound a little picky. But I just really enjoy the simple things. Knowing my husband, if he reads this, I'll end up getting one of those teddy bears holding a heart! :)

Enjoy this month. Get into it. Paint your nails red or pink. Wear red. And let's get creative. If you have a fun and creative Valentine's idea for your spouse or your children. Let me know! I'll post it. But mostly I need some ideas for myself!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

ANG! I LOVE this title AND I love the "don't like" list. Speaking of month of love, I think this calls to hear the OPI Valentime's titles!

Angela Richardson said...

Hannah, oh don't you worry your little self about that. Ang has got some Valentine pick's up her sleeve!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the great ideas because I'm SO lacking in creativity right now! That Paul sure sounds like a good man...are you planning on keeping him around for awhile?

I'll report back to you on any of the suggestions that "work" for me! :)