Saturday, February 21, 2009

Home Sweet Starbucks

It's been a crazy couple of weeks. Busy. Busy. Busy. Things have gotten a little tense in the Richardson household. The boys have gotten into some brawls and Paul and I have been a little "off". I know it's because of our schedule. So, today, instead of grumbling about it, I decided to do something different. Paul has been gone since 5:45 this morning. Long day. The boys and I have spent all morning and afternoon turning our foyer into a mini STARBUCKS! I put Paul's favorite comfy lounge chair next to a little cafe table. (Pulled the chair out of the living room). The best part to me is the little Starbucks logos me and the kids created. Check out the one's Will did...they're pretty good! I can't wait for Paul to get home. He'll see the sign before he walks in. Will and I are going to be his servers. I hope this will help him relax and unwind.

Just one question: Why is Coffee spelled COFFEF? See picture below:


I hope he likes it!!! He just called and is 5 minutes away!!!!

12 comments:

Windsor said...

That is so sweet of you and the boys! I hope Paul enjoys it and it allows him to get reconnected with the family!

Unknown said...

OK. If I was Paul, I would start sobbing the minute I saw the sign at the front door. That is THE sweetest thing EVER. I LOVE this. Those sweet boys. If I was Paul, I would just want to kiss all over them...and you....and he might. Mama's gonna have a goooood night. :)

Anonymous said...

You are always thinking of something so thoughtful. Thanks for the ideas!

Kristi said...

What a wonderful wife. It's hard to deny yourself and think of your husband's needs above your own... but that is EXACTLY what we are called to do in a Christian marriage. Thanks for being an awesome (above and beyond) example of this!! And what wonderful lessons you are teaching your boys - they (the boys and Paul) are so blessed to have you.

Melanie said...

Ohhhhhh Angela,
What a wonderful idea.
Are you doing research for your "Crumbs In OUR Butter" book on marriage?
I feelin' that!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Elizabeth @ things with feathers said...

So good meetin' ya today, Angela! I LOVE the Starbucks transformation. So... what did Paul say??? :-)

Kristi Smalley said...

Angela, you win the prize for the #1 wifey in America. How creative and thoughtful. I agree with Hannah, there is going to be some lovin' in the Richardson household. YOU ARE GOOD! BTW - Did you get my message the other day?

Denise said...

You are a good wife!

Dolly said...

THat IS a sweet idea! Very thoughtful too. I want to hear Paul's reaction and I bet your boys were so excited for him to get home too. You are a good wife. Keep it up!

Laura G. Ard said...

We are all wanting to know what was Pauls reaction? I know he had to be totally surprised.

Jennifer said...

What a great idea, Angela! I hope Paul really enjoyed it.

Why do they spell coffee like that? And why does Kristi always have to throw in her comments about leaving you a message? Is she really trying to force the BFF blog friend thing or what??? :)

Donna said...

LOL, Jennifer! YEs, Angela...have you and Kristi become BFF's and actually talk on the phone?!

Cute post! I bet Paul was happy:)