Thursday, February 12, 2009

The FIRST tooth!

Well, I could cry and laugh at the same time. My first born, my little baby (six years old) has lost his first tooth. He lost it yesterday afternoon and we jumped up and down in the kitchen together and cheered. He was SO PROUD of himself! Then, when I saw that little hole in his smile...something happened. huh? He looks OLDER! Oh no! It was a bittersweet moment. But I'm so happy for him. He seems to be the very last of his friends that has lost a tooth. And here's what the tooth fairy brought him. I know, I know, seems like a bit much for a tooth. But he's 6, so for the FIRST tooth we gave him 6 dollars. He came running downstairs this morning...."Look what the tooth fairy did...she taped all the money together, isn't she funny?"

9 comments:

Melanie said...

You've got a big kid now!
Those firsts are always fun. (Well...most of them.)
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Anonymous said...

He looks happy! I am so glad he called me yesterday to tell me. Made me feel pretty special! Glad the Tooth Fairy made it on time!

Our Funny Farm said...

Angela,
We met through Apples of Gold in 2006. Since coming across your blog, I have enjoyed your posts! I love the idea of taping the money from the tooth fairy together. What a fun thing for a kid to have a ribbon of money! I appreciate you sharing your creative ideas. I just began my own blog to primarily journal online and share some of our crazy family stories and get wisdom and feedback from others along the way. I would value your feedback especially since we have boys around the same age. See you around!
Kristen

Kristi Smalley said...

OK, I have a tooth fetish. I almost fell off my chair when I saw that second picture of the tooth laying in your hand. I have never been able to assist my children with the tooth situation. I get so woozy!!! That is a great idea about taping the money together.

Bargain Noble said...

This is so cute! Now the teeth are going to start coming out fast! Alex used to force her teeth out so she could get money, so we told her the Tooth Fairy only comes in town every other month!!! It's crazy what kids will do for money!

Anonymous said...

OH! My "baby" lost her first tooth about a month ago...I felt like she grew up soooo much in the .5 seconds it took for that tooth to come out.

Elizabeth @ things with feathers said...

Love the tape. What an ingenious tooth fairy you have in your neck of the woods. :)

Unknown said...

Sniff Sniff. That tooth fairy was GENEROUS! Yeah, Will!!!! BTW, he is a mini me of yo man! Love ya...muah!

Anonymous said...

Zoe lost her first tooth TONIGHT!! How crazy is that?! I couldn't agree more--I cannot believe they are old enough. He looks adorable!