Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's Rockin Eve and a window makeover

We went to some friends for a New Years Eve party this year. Paul's mom was in town and watched the boys so we could go. We had a great time. Tested out our singing skills on the wii. I BOMBED! And, bonus - we got to see our friends Matt and Chris. They moved back to Virginia last year and boy have we missed them. Here I am singing "I'm Every Woman"...I think the dogs in the neighborhood started howling!Paul is singing "Hey There Delilah". He blew me out of the water. Even Simon Cowell gave him the seal of approval!
Dave and Tara thanks for a great party! They gave each of us a HAND WRITTEN note in a bottle! "The art of the hand written note is sadly losing steam". Thanks for making it special guys!

This is my window makeover project. I wanted to make the breakfast area look taller, so we hung mirrors above the window and the curtain rod above that. I have wanted these plaid drapes for a few years. They're from Linens n things. I kept holding out for a sale...well, I got a sale alright! They were normally $99.99 per panel. And when the store went out of business I got them for $13 each!!! Now that's a deal! I'm not quite finished, I have to repaint in between the mirrors.
Before:

After:

Is this blog design hurting anyone's eyes? I'm trying out a few different things. You're probably seeing spots when you look away from the computer!

11 comments:

tawn said...

Angela, Those window treatments look great...and what a bargain!!

Unknown said...

WOOOO HOOOO for NY Rockin E. Ya'll are cute.

You go Miss Martha w/ the window treatments. Now, this is a post for Up on the Housetop! Great job!

RosyRose said...

Hey there...I came over from mella bella:) You have a great blog here Delila...I mean Crumbs:)
We will have to look into that Wii american idol game...that looks like fun!
Any way just thought i'd say hi. I'll be back:)

Windsor said...

Great designer idea Angela! I might just have to steal that one! The mirrors make it look bigger and the window bigger.

Nancy said...

LOVE your room re-design!!

Tonya said...

Hey girl! Happy New Year! Love the window makeover! We did the same thing in our dining room. Chris is Emory's Kindergarten teacher at LCA this year! We love her! And I mean Emory absolutley loves her! What an answer to Tim an I's prayers that she moved back to Lynchburg. We had prayed for months that she would get a teacher that was perfect for her. Also, we are going back to Disney in March and I just made reservations at Bahama Breeze...just wondering if you and Paul may be there...Ha! Also, pass on any suggestions you can give for must do/eat, I'm all ears!

Donna said...

Woo! Angela! I love the windows. Very classy....verrrrrry nice.

I love how Wes is in both pictures, too:)

Tandy said...

LOVE the window!!!!

Dolly said...

Love your window treatments and your pictures from you NYEve party. I love the picture you singing your heart out. I wish I could have been there to sing right with you like we did at RUBS that one time. hahahhah!

Kristi Smalley said...

I must have missed this post the first time with my excitement over shared love of cheek-chewing.

I love all the party pics. It looks like you all had a GREAT TIME. I'm glad to see you weren't boozing it up. I was looking closely. Ha! It was so good to see the Wilmingtons. How do they like living back in Lynchburg?

Love the drapes and the mirror idea is great. I also love the color red in your kitchen.

JC said...

Hey, Angela! I've dropped in on your blog a couple of times, but this time, I had to leave a comment--or actually, a question. I loved your window makeover. I need to do something like that in my breakfast area. You said you still need to paint between the mirrors. Will you post another pic after you paint? If I'm gonng steal your ideas, I want to do it right, ya' know?