Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Man in the Moon

Last night I was driving home from getting a mini break...(went to Wal-mart to get groceries by myself, but I'll take it!) I had Celine Dion blasting in the car and was just loving the alone time and then I saw this straight ahead of me...
It was HUGE! My camera couldn't capture just how enormous it was. It almost looked fake it was so big. I could clearly see the "man in the moon". Have you ever seen him? There's 2 craters up near the top that make his eyes. Now, there's a song that says "the man in the moon is smiling", but I have always thought the man looks sad. Not trying to be a debbie downer here, but that's how I see him. Either way, I was in AWE of the moon last night. When I was 14 my favorite movie was "The Man in the Moon". I was 14, Danny (Reese Witherspoon) was 14. I wanted to move to the country, make homemade ice cream and fall in love with a guy named COURT! Ha!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I saw that movie...really good until the accident part.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

jenniferg said...

We saw the moon last night too.. We were on our way home from Grant's soccer game at 8:15. It was absolutely amazing. Kendall said it looked like the moon in Nightmare before Christmas. Waverly thought it looked fake too. Skip discussed how it was yellow and bright reflecting the sun's light. I was amazed as you were. It was gorgeous! Great post!

Laura G. Ard said...

I think one of the most favorite times in seeing the moon was when we were on a cruise it was as though you could touch it. Truely Amazing!

Dolly said...

The moon was HUGE on our neck of the woods last night too. When Leland and I went to bed, we could see it right outside our window and it brightened our whole room. It was really pretty!

BTW...I can see you singing your heart out to Celine in your car last night by yourself! Hahah!

Unknown said...

Aw, man...I missed the moon! I LOVE your new pic up to. Can't wait to see you on FRIDAY, baby!

Donna said...

Angela, I'm laughing because I VIVIDLY remember you coming to spend the night at our house one time and we rented "The Man in the Moon" and you were quoting all the lines!!! I remember thinking that part where Reese's sister teaches her how to kiss was SOOO Bad!!! HAHAHA!!

We had a beautiful moon here in CHarlotte, too!! See you on Friday!!!