Sunday, January 18, 2009

Girls weekend in Charlotte and Atlanta...whew!

Friday morning I drove to Charlotte to meet up with some new friends I've made through blogging. I had a chance on the way to visit the Billy Graham Library. Let me just say, it's worth the drive. I was moved and inspired by this man's ministry and even more so by his wife and the sacrifices she made.

Friday night Hannah, (my new friend), Donna and I went to dinner and then to see Bride Wars. I LOVED the wedding dress with the purple ribbon. (I'm just saying - I know tulle isn't for everyone :)

Sat. morning I got to meet more new friends and we shared about our lives and our hearts. We will be starting a new ministry through this crazy world of blogging. I'm so excited about it! As soon as everything is final, I'll post about it. Thank you to Hannah's mom for hosting us that morning and sharing from God's word. Very sweet. And, Donna, thanks for your hospitality! It was great to see you and your sweet family. And, thanks for the apple wood bacon! Sheesh! Good stuff.

I had to drive back in a hurry to Atlanta because I was taking my sister n law to see CELINE DION on her "Taking Chances" tour! No kidding! It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Celine sang EVERY WORD and EVERY NOTE! We were speechless after the concert. And, girlfriend (Celine) is in some SERIOUS shape! Check out her gams!

Fun and busy "girly" weekend. I'm plain tuckered out. But it was so worth it!

10 comments:

Glenda said...

I am so thankful I had the blessing of meeting you. I feel like I know exactly what to pray for u as you serve the Lord as the wife of a pastor and I plan to do that. Blessings on ur family

Unknown said...

Aw shucks, Ang. The pleasure was all ours. My mom is right...you were a blessing and add so much to the group. Breath of fresh air, I tell ya, breaaaath of fresh air!

Great recap. You had a busy weekend, alright. I BET you are tired!

I'm sorry but I LOL...YES! LOLed...@ the pic of you and ole Wayne. You are a mess. What in the world was he doing when you were hamming it up on your tour?

Dolly said...

Angela, I"m so glad you had the opportunity to go to Charlotte, see the library and stay with DOnna and meet those girls. I know you had a great time. Wish I could have been with you. Wow! And Celine too? I've been to a few of her concerts and seriously, they are the best EVER!!! She's class act all the way.

I'm LOL! WHo in the world took the pics of you at the library? A stranger? You're so funny!

Oh, and I"m sorry I never called you back. I was tied up with Michael when you called and I meant to call you back but my day got away from me. I'll give you a call this week.

Melanie said...

Terrific slideshow! Looks like you had a blast.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Jennifer said...

Girl, you did more things last weekend then I do in a month! :)

Glad you had so much fun and I can't wait to hear about this ministry. And then to top it off with Celine Dion...what can I say? EXCEPT that the Bachelor comes on tonight...your fun weekend continues!!!!!

Donna said...

WOOHOOO! It was a fun weekend. I'm glad you were able to come up and spend some time with us. Caroline LOVED all of your songs you sang her:)

I love Celine Dion! I went to one of her concerts in Raliegh once and it was a great show!! I bet you were one tired girl on Sunday, huh?

Toni R. said...

Oh, I love Celine! It looks like you guys had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I must say I am a little jealous...Bride Wars again! ANgela you are so amazing and you are doing amazing things with your talent. I cannot wait to hear what God is doing through your blog and with your blogging friends. LOVE YOU!!!!!

Kristi Smalley said...

OOOOOOOHHHHHH!!! I wish I could've been there. I love your pink coat. So chic! I am dying to know what this new ministry is that brought you all the way to NC. Do tell, do tell!!!!!

Momofgirls said...

What fun! I will come out from California if you all plan a blogunion!

We just had Pete at our church from Burkina Faso (Saw it on your sidebar!) What an inspiration he is, and what an awesome ministry! My daughter (16 year old) is dying to go next time our church heads to Africa. I kept telling my husband that we need missions conferences BEFORE Christmas...then people could spend their money on something that really matters!!

Fun post!