Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm not calling them resolutions, BUT....

Here are a few things I'm going to work on this year:

1. Stop chewing the inside of my cheek. It's giving me lip wrinkles.
2. Answer my kids right away, instead of them having to say, Mommy, mommy, mommy...
3. Drink mostly water.
4. Work out 5 times a week. Paul is doing this with me, so it helps. We're doing p90X
5. Not have seconds at dinner.
6. Keep my home simple. Clear the clutter!
7. Cook more meals at home.
8. Keep TV to a minimum. Especially for the boys. (I gotta watch The Bachelor:)
9. Take care of my friends. Meals, cards, etc. Show them I love them.
10. Read my Bible more consistently.
11. Make this home a refuge for Paul. When he walks in, I want him to go..."ahhhh". Now, this is a tricky one, because it's not always going to work that way. (Example, when he walks in and Wesley is right there in the naughty corner) But I want it to look and smell nice most of the time.
12. Be a better listener.
13. Save money. Doing my homework before grocery shopping really pays off. Coupons in the Sunday paper and online. Even if it only saves $20 a trip. That's almost a tank of gas!
14. Answer the phone in a soothing and friendly voice when Paul calls. No matter what's going on around me. If he's taking time out of his day to call, I want him to hear something pleasant on the other end. (Even if that means shutting myself in the closet so he can't hear the boys fighting!:)
15. The rocking chair. A friend of mine has a rocking chair from her childhood she asked me to paint for her 4 YEARS ago. I'm gonna DO IT! :) (She's reading this thinking, yeah right!)

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Love your not resolutions - especially the one about answering the phone positively when things are crazy at home!

Love your blog!

jenniferg said...

Great post!
I have gotten nailed on the phone thing too. My hubby has commented that I don't seem like I want to talk at all because of how I answer the phone some times. It's not that, it's just there is a tornado going on around me at that moment. I need to work on that one too.

I liked #15. Must be a pretty good friend to wait 4 years on a rocking chair. I mean, like a saint or something.. Okay.. maybe not a saint but a patient princess (PP). Of course her kids are almost in college by now but the grand kids will enjoy it.

Toni R. said...

I am with you on the Bachelor! Did you see the preview (after this past Monday's show) that Deanna tries to get Jason back??! He better not take her back!!!
I love your other resolutions, too!

Unknown said...

I tell you what...that Paul has himself a GOOOOOOD woman! Those ARE excellent notolutions and yet another great post for OTH! You're a great mommy and wife, Ang!

Toni R. said...

I just saw you comment on my blog about the Bachelor. I am SO with you. Vision boards!!!??? You have GOT to be kidding me!
For me, these are the girls that GOT to go:
-Dental Hygenist
-Raquel (beautiful, but not his type)
-Megan (the girl that no one likes and voted against)
-Sharon (the girl with the BIG eyes that looks like an elf from Lord of the Rings)

Here is who I like:
Stephanie: Widow (I love her!)
Jillian: hot dog girl

Melanie said...

You mean I missed The Bachelor?
Deana and the snowboarder split up?

I am working on a blog post in response to a question you posed in reference to my ski tips for living (developing gifts & opportunity).
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Kristi Smalley said...

I am absolutely ROLLING about #1. I do the same thing and had the same realization several months ago that it looked like I was a smoker around my mouth because of those lip lines. I look like Laura Bush. HILARIOUS!!!!! Let me know how that resolution works out. I do it without even thinking~

Dolly said...

Angela, as long as I've known you, you've been trying to stop chewing on the side of your mouth. I can picture you doing it now. It's your trademark and you can't stop now! hahahah! I love your resolutions. Your Paul and your boys are lucky to have you. You're an inspiration!

Jennifer said...

Angela, I'm not trying to ignore your great post about your resolutions, but I have got to first and foremost acknowledge your love of The Bachelor!!! I'm addicted and count down the days each week until Monday night. We need to have a Bachelor discussion during the time it's on...nothing like a few caddy comments to make the show more entertaining!

The resolutions are good and a lot of them could easily be on my list...especially talking nicely to the hubby. I'm laughing at the having 2nds for dinner...that's something we shouldn't be doing??? Oh, and besides giving you lip wrinkles, does chewing on your cheek ever give you cold sore thingys? You know, like if you accidentally bite your lip then one pops up.

By the way, I LOVE your new kitchen and the mirrors are a great idea! Just have one question, how did you get your son to sit there the entire time it took you to do all the redecorating? :)