Saturday, November 22, 2008

These Lovely Ladies



These are the Apples of Gold. These women have been mentoring and teaching young women for years. They teach us how to cook, keep a home, set a table, love our husbands and God. I was honored to have been in Apples of Gold for the 6 week course. I felt SO LOVED while I was there. Today we had an Apples of Gold reunion and ornament swap. Well, it was MUCH more than that. Crafts galore! Sugar cookies! Peanut Butter Balls! Ornament swap! FOOD! I learned how to do a 'blanket stitch' today. We met at an old country house called the Nebo house. I wish I had a picture to show. But here are some from our day together.

This verse sums them up!

Titus 2:3-5 "Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored."

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, how fun! That sounds like a neat thing--Apples of Gold. I had not heard of it before.

Jennifer said...

Angela, the Apples of Gold mentoring program sounds like such a neat thing! Seriously, I think all of us need to remind ourselves of all the "homemaking" things that really can make a happier home - well, maybe not Donna (see her most recent post. :) Anyway, I may have to dig up some info on that and see if it's something our church could do.

Oh, and not to sound to shallow, but I LOVE your hair! I would be willing to pay lots of money to get that shine and color you have. Bottom line...I'm envious. :)

Hope you have a great week!

Kristi Smalley said...

What an awesome thing! Please give us more information about this ministry. How neat is that!

Did the older women give you some hints and coaching on "having relations" with your husbands? Ha!

Angela Richardson said...

Kristi, girl you are hilarious! Yes, we talked about "having relations". Oh, I'll have to email you about that one. Call me anytime honey, if you need any help, I'm just a phone call away! :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there. I will have to ask June for the recipes and instructions on everything!! It looks awesome! That is such a great class and group of ladies.