Friday, November 21, 2008

Our New Thanksgiving Tradition

A few years ago, we ordered our Thanksgiving dinner from Cracker Barrel. I thought I was doing my family a dis-service by not making the whole meal, with fixin's and such. But it turned out to be the best most ingenious idea EVER! Now, we do this every year. You can go to the CRACKER BARREL SITE and order your Thanksgiving meal to go. Bring it home, put it on all your pretty dishes and voila! Don't get me wrong I love to cook on Easter, Christmas, etc, but when my family is here, I like to spend time with them instead of in the kitchen. I go to Cracker Barrel about 45 minutes before we are going to eat, pick it up, come home and the table is set, candles lit, and we're ready! It's a hard tradition to break out of (cooking the turkey and all), but it is our new Richardson family Thanksgiving tradition!While we are decorating our Christmas Tree today, we will be watching Christmas Vacation. CLASSIC! My favorite part is when Clark Griswold is at the lingerie counter in the department store and he gets all nervous and tongue tied talking to the gorgeous lady behind the counter. "I'm just blousing...uh, browsing". Hilarious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THat's what my family should do!!! lol :)

Michele Helms said...

We did that one year when we had a family member who was so very sick and we decided to enjoy time with her more and cook less....it was great!

Anonymous said...

My sister and I used to go around saying, "Can't see the lines, can you Russ?" ALL THE TIME!

Kristi Smalley said...

Great idea!!!! I love to host people but the whole food thing is such a stress. I wish I had a personal party planner for times like that.

Have fun decorating that tree. Did your mouth heal OK?