Saturday, November 29, 2008

Just The 10 Of Us


What a week! I have so much to be thankful for. My brother and his family blessed my heart, just by being here. And, boy did we have fun! Here's a list of our activities:

*Made another "Boys Are Back" video with all 6 boys
*Thanksgiving and Christmas crafts
*Made peanut butter kiss cookies
*Went to the graveyard and waterfall and hiked the mountain
*Had a bonfire in the woods and roasted marshmallows
*Celebrated Christmas together
*Went to see "Four Christmases" with Heather
*Photo shoot at White Oak Park - and we played freeze tag
*My nephew Jack lost his 2nd front tooth - all he wants for Christmas is...his "2 Front Teeth"
*Drove through the lights at Lake Lanier and went to the carnival and Santa's workshop
*Read books
*Watched Christmas movies

I love having a house FULL of family. Blow up mattresses on the floors upstairs, kids in each room playing, the sounds of family warm my heart like nothing else. My brother shares my passion for music and he kept the Christmas music playing the entire time. He totally hooked me up too. I have a million Christmas songs in my itunes now. They left this afternoon and the house is much quieter. I just cried watching them pull out of the driveway. There's little traces of them...the fingerprints on my back door, a drawing that Evan made me on the fridge, and PICTURES! OH THE PICTURES!!! My brother is always seen with a camera in his hand. So he caught every moment of our time together. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Bernadette said...

Angela,

I found your blog through A Fresh Hope website and actually, we recently met in the Gilcrease driveway. So, while it could be six degrees of separation, in reading your blog, I suspect it is more like twins separated at birth! (especially in your 'Crumbs in My Butter', 'We're Ready' and the most recent post about family over the holidays). So, don't be surprised if you get a random call from a near-stranger asking you out to coffee some morning. Looking forward to more holiday posts.

PS--Big HSM3 fans here too!

Anonymous said...

So it looks like all that was missing was a Granny! Sure sounds like a fun time and the photos are great! But I kept busy with Kristina and Gary and Alana and Andrea looking very pregnant. And did some Santa shopping for my boys and you - don't open any packages until Christmas but they have all shipped! Love from a missing Granny!

Dolly said...

Wow! All your pictures are so great! Jason is a good photographer. I love the pictures of all the boys. You guys produce some good looking little guys.

I love your boys rooms too and your house looks so beautiful. Right out of a magazine. Your family is lucky to have YOU!

Kristi Smalley said...

Angela, it looks like you had such a wonderful visit with your brother. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the park pictures. They were so good! I especially love all the candid shots of the boys. So cute!
You are such a good hostess, girl. You thought of everything to make their visit nice.

BTW - I think your gift may not make the Dec 3 deadline. I have had a sick child for THREE WEEKS!!! AAAGGGHHHHH!!! It prevented me from doing my ususal after-Thanksgiving shopping. I will get it to you ASAP! (I mean, only certain stores sell Moo-Moo's)