Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm gonna miss you Tandy!


What can I say about this girl? Well, a lot actually. This might be long and sappy, so be warned! I also put together a little video of some of my favorite memories!

My friend Tandy and her husband Tim are moving to Orlando Florida to start Genesis Church. They have been on staff with us at West Ridge for 9 years.

Right away when I met Tandy, I knew I could be myself around her. Mostly because she was HERSELF. Over the years, we have made so many memories. Like most friendships, we've had ups and downs. We've seen each other at our very best and worst. And still love each other for it! We've never had the kind of friendship where we talk every day, and sometimes we've gone months without seeing each other. But, we always pick up, right where we left off. That's a good friend.

Tandy is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to helping others in need. When Katrina happened, she was on the phone with me right away, asking if I would help her get supplies together to take to an apartment complex nearby. She has helped so many people in need. I remember her telling me one time that she was on a date with Tim, they were going to use a gift card to that restaurant, and saw another couple there who needed it more and gave it to them. She has raised money for teachers. She recently raised money through her blog to get mosquito nets hung over the beds of kids in Burkina Faso, Africa.

Personally, she helped our family when Wesley was a baby. He needed a very expensive formula. We didn't know how we were going to afford it. One night, I was rocking Wesley to sleep and we heard a knock on the front door. We opened it to find a TOWER of the exact formula he needed. 6 months worth to be exact. I heard someone running around the side of the house, but couldn't find out who it was. Yep, it was Tandy. She raised money and had cans of formula donated to us through our staff and friends.

My son Will used to be TERRIFIED, I mean TERRIFIED of dogs. It was a paralyzing fear for him. Tandy has a HUGE lab. Will would go to their house to play with Cobe and would freeze on their front porch. Over time and through her patience with my boy, he overcame this fear. I can't begin to tell you what it means to me, as a mom, that someone would invest and love and care for my son that way.

Tandy has been good for me because she is very spontaneous. Not a nervous type. We are pretty much opposites. Except for girly stuff and food! She balances me out. I remember when Will couldn't swim, she put some SpongeBob floaties on him and threw him in the pool. I was NERVOUS NELLY! But, guess, what, he was swimming around like a fish by the end of the day.

She potty trained Wesley by herself. I came to her house to pick him up one day and...voila...he's going in the potty!

Cobe and Cayden. These precious children. I am going to miss them just as much as my boys will. There's a spunk, a magnetic personality about Cayden that so many kids (and adults) are drawn to. Cobe is just plain cool. And very smart. I love that when Cayden comes over to my house, she lets me doll her up. She'll put on one of my aprons and help me bake cookies. And we'll paint toes together. But the BEST memory with Cayden is when we made up a dance routine to "The Happy Working Song" from Enchanted. I still have to teach her the "Hoedown Throwdown" by Miley Cyrus.

Tandy is a wonderful wife, mom, homemaker, cook, photographer, Christmas decorator, Super Mario Champion, SINGER, and friend.

Tandy, thank you for your friendship to me. And for loving my kids. You are so special to me and have a place forever in my heart. I'm so glad you're moving somewhere that I can visit! Disney World here we come!!! (ps - I will give you a larger copy of this video so you can read all the words:)

I love you friend.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet friend you are, Ang. I love tat video and I can even feel your pain at how much you're going to miss Tandy! Ya'll sure are a cute pair of friends!

Maryanna said...

How sweet! This was a great video..and you're absolutely right, that Tandy is one amazing girl!

jenniferg said...

Angela... that is awesome... great memories of a great friend.
We'll miss you Tandy.
JG

debbwebb said...

What a great tribute to a beautiful relationship and an incredible, beautiful young woman! Way to show your love Angela. You are both amazing.

Jennifer said...

She sounds like a great friend...what a great little video! Maybe she could be my friend too so my family could stay at her house when we go to Disney in a few years...you think??? :)

Sweet post, Angela.

Donna said...

That was sweet, Angela:) I know you are going to miss her, but good thing Paul LOVES Disney!!!

Kristi Smalley said...

What a sweet post, Angela. I am so sad for you because I know how special friends like that are, especially when you are in the ministry. Your sweet post makes me wish I knew her.

Dolly said...

Wow! What a sweet post and great memories you girls have together. I'm also sad for you losing a friend right there but know you'll see plenty of each other when ya'll go to Disney!

I didn't know they were starting a church. Good for them!