Friday, May 15, 2009

My fern is DEAD again. And, now I know why!!!

Every year I get ferns to hang on my front porch. And every year, the one on the right side of the porch dies. It gets the same amount of shade, water, etc. The other day I took it down to fertilize it and give it some TLC and I got a surprise!!!

On another note, Wesley got a haircut today. I almost cried. I know, I know, many of you have probably thought he's needed a haircut for a while. But I LOVED his moppy, floppy hair. I thought I had made it very clear, I just wanted him to have a trim, keep the length. I was standing next to the hairdresser while she was cutting it and I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING!!! So, unfortunately, I can't blame it on her. Here's his before:And after:Do you see what I see? Those are layers!!! He looks so much older to me now. Maybe that's why I'm having such a hard time with it. He's still a cutie pie though! Even with a bad haircut and sticking his tongue out. :)

6 comments:

Toni R. said...

Awwww...those little baby birdies are so cute! I can't believe the mother bird didn't try to come around and peck your eyes out, though! They are usually so protective of their nest! If you haven't seen the momma bird in a while, something might have happened to her :( No big deal if she is gone, though. I know you would love to catch some worms and squish them up and feed it to them! Ha! Ha! Ha!
I also know what you mean with Wesley's haircut. I'm so scared of getting Aron's hair cut! His hair is just too cute! The good news is that boy's hair grows fast! I do like his new "do" though. Such a big boy hair cut!

Donna said...

Okay, I"m sitting here laughing at Wesley's "after" shot of his profile. That is hilarious!

My friend had the same thing happen to her fern this year. I guess birds like ferns because they're easy to hide in? Sorry!!

Dolly said...

Ah Angela! I LOVE Wesley's hair cut. I mean he does look a little older now but he looks hip! :) Both your boys are so adorable.

I hope you're in the burg by now. We'll give you a call later once we know what's goign on.

Jennifer said...

We had birds in our ferns several years ago too...must be a good place for hatching.

Cute little Wesley...posing for his mom's blog.

Just read your scorpions post too...YUCK! I can't believe y'all have had that many. Tell them to stay down there in GA and not migrate north.

Kristi Smalley said...

Angela,you are so funny! You were like a proud momma with a new baby in that video. The birdies must've had performance anxiety.

Wesley looks so adorable. With his hair cut, he looks more like your other son. They both are so handsome. You have a "his" and "hers".

sweetlouise said...

I love Wesley's haircut!! He looks so hip! I'm proud of you Angela!!!