Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm tip-toeing through my house - Warning, this may give you the Heebie Jeebies!

And this is why:
AGHHHH! I got up in the middle of the night to go to my bathroom. I thought I saw something and I almost reached my toe out to it to see what it was. Something stopped me, and THANK GOODNESS! Isn't this the creepiest looking thing EVER? It's not the first scorpion we've had. This makes 13 for the year. I've lived in Georgia 12 years now and have never seen them this bad. Occasionally I would see 1 or 2 OUTSIDE! I have neighbors on my own street that have never seen them before. WHAT? Why are they coming into MY house? This one was in our living room. Will found it and begged us not to kill it, but to take it outside. So we did. We let the creature go on our patio and when Will went back inside, I smushed it. Is that horrible? This makes 2 in our house in 1 week. They look so evil. The stinger on the back. They're little pinchers. Ye-owch! Anybody know how to get rid of these things? Poor Paul. Every night I have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and I can't do it now without turning on the bright light. He wakes up every time. You oughta see Paul kill a bug. He'll take a teeny tiny piece of tissue paper, (or use his bare hands) and just smush the bug. I have to have a HUGE barrier between me and the creature. If I feel it crunch or hear anything ooze, I gag. I mean, I shimmy and shake and totally freak out. Thank heavens I married a man who kills bugs for me. But, when it comes to snakes, I'm on my own...he hates those.

8 comments:

Desiree said...

I think that might be a reason I couldn't live in Georgia... that and the heat. :)
I probably wouldn't be able to sleep at all!

tawn said...

I am with you on this...I can't stand bugs, especially spiders,but I can't kill them for the same reason. One little crunch sound and I feel as though I am going to "toss my cookies". We don't get many in the house (thank goodness!)

And outside.....copperheads!

Everything Homemade said...

i think we have only found one in our house in almost 4 years, but i had a hard time sleeping after that, i felt like they were everywhere...
whey i lived at the beach in FL we had roaches/palmetto bugs and i cant kill a bug either so we would trap it under a plastic cup and wait for the next boy to visit our house and make him kill it. thank goodness for bug killing husbands!

Kristi said...

I was JUST telling Jason how I used to be scared of going to the bathroom in the middle of the night in case there happened to be snakes - on the floor, in the bathroom, in the toilet - and we had never had any snakes in the house!
Now I think my fear will return and now be directed at scorpions. YUCK!!! I'd sleep with the lights on!!

Annette said...

We get them in our house too, and I hate it! The last one I found was in the baby swing crawling toward my precious infant!!!! I screamed like a banshee, and took a cup, caught it, and threw it outside!! I HATE SCORPIONS!!! I will NOT miss those!

Donna said...

OKay, that is GROSS!!!! I would be afraid to sleep at night! Can you exterminate those things?!

Suzanne said...

I HATE scorpions and yes, I turn the light on in the bathroom, real, real quick, at night. I also check between the covers before I go to bed because my friend Mary had one in her bed several years ago. Scary but true! Again, have I told you how much i HATE scorpions!

Theresa Anderson said...

Hello!
When Michael and I first moved to Georgia, we lived in a house infested with these demon creatures. We had brown carpet so I always wore shoes and sometimes I would wake up with 'stings' after they crawled in my blankets during the night.
If I were you, I would get all charismatic and cast them out in Jesus' name! :)
A diy remedy which worked for me is spreading powdered lime around the perimeter of your house. Experts say they love acid soil and lime turns the soil alkaline.
Good luck!