Friday, May 29, 2009

I could be a doctor

Yesterday I had to go to the doctor for a yeast infection called Candida. It's a horrible overgrowth of yeast and fungus in the body.

Lovely. Just lovely.

It's my own fault, I haven't been taking care of myself the way I should and eating way too many sweets. Soooo, I go to the Walgreen's Minute Clinic. (My dr. couldn't get me in) I told the dr. my symptoms and that I had taken a test to see if I had Candida. The test said if you have a score of 145 pts. or more, you have Candida...my score was 266!!! Sheesh.

The dr. was looking at me like I was NUTS! I told her I needed something (Diflucan) to kill the yeast in my body. I was itching so bad on my arms, legs and neck. I asked her what I could take for the itching too. The dr. actually GOOGLED my symptoms and was trying to match pictures from GOOGLE to my rashes. She even pulled out a book of skin rashes and was like..."hmmm, the rash looks different on you than it does on this page." Well, of COURSE it does. That person was tan and I'm white as a ghost. And, the picture was probably taken 20 years ago. AGGGHHH! I sat there for 25 MINUTES while she sat puzzled looking through her text books and googling. Aren't dr's. suppose to know these things???

I finally convinced her to write me a prescription. But I left there thinking, if that's all it takes...I COULD BE A DOCTOR! I came home last night and found a million sites that have CANDIDA listed. Symptoms, treatment, etc.

I'm going the herbal route. I'm on a strict diet. No sugar. No white ANYTHING. It's not fun. I've eaten lots of crunchy veggies. I'm not one of those people that can just eat a bowlful of veggies and be satisfied. Our local herbal store sold me some all-natural "Candida Clear" (it has wormwood and licorice root among many other crazy things in it).

Good news, I've lost a little weight, but my skin is still CRAWLING! I hope all these magic herbs help me!!!

BTW - Dolly/Donna, ask your mom what Doug Kaufman would do!?!

10 comments:

Annette said...

And we thought it was the tag on your shirt! Well, I hope you get better soon!! And, I wish that you had told me you weren't feeling well...I wouldn't have added two more kids to your crew if you had! :) Not b/c I think the would've caught anything, but b/c I don't want to overwhelm you with extra kids at your house!! :)

Lisa said...

I read somewhere that grapefruit seed extract is good for getting rid of Candida. Sorry you are still dealing with all of that. Guess the water hasn't helped much! Just drink more!

Windsor said...

I have no cure for you! Sorry, but I will say that totally sucks especially to have the itchy's all over your body! When it gets bad have you tried an oatmeal bath for releif? Just an idea! Hang in there!

Kristi Smalley said...

Girl, I have done a ton of Candida cleanses. I am going to look in my files and copy some stuff for you. I have the protocol from several different doctors. One also had me doing coffee enemas to help your body dump the yeast. You just get ready, Angela-girl....you might not ever drink Starbucks again. HA!

Janis Reber said...

Angela, you're probably doing exactly what Doug would want you to do. Good for you!! Hope this clears up very fast. BTW, did you get the prescription for the diflucan?

Lindsey said...

coffee enemas? Without cream and sugar that stuff doesn't taste good going the the other hole!! Go for the grapeseed and wormroot! That kind of sounds like ingredients for a witch's potion....cure candida and create a love potion at the same time? There's got to be some kind of upside to this!

Jennifer said...

Seriously Kristi...a coffee enema??? Oh my goodness, that's the best one I've heard yet! Well, it's been several days since you posted this so I hope your itchys are going away.

Dolly said...

Yes, I hope your itchies are gone by now too and I'm glad Jenius responded about what Kauffman would do.

Angela Richardson said...

Jenius, thanks so much for the encouragement!!! I'm so honored that you commented on my blog! :) I did take the diflucan. It's clearing up, but slowly. Changing my diet isn't easy. But I'm gonna stick with it, I already feel better. Oh, and I'm taking Oregano too! Heard of that?

Lisa, I am taking GSE too! And, you'll be happy to know, I've been drinking my Alkaline water all week! :)

Teecy said...

Angela, my mom had trouble with candida too and that's what got her going down the natural route years ago. It sounds like you are doing good things, but it may take awhile. Stick with it! I think you are a smart girl and it will pay off. Hope you're feeling better!