Friday, May 8, 2009

Dress up, dress down, dress up again

The DUB awards at our church...an event to honor our AMAZING volunteers at WRC.
Lately, there have been quite a few "fancy" events I have had the pleasure to attend. Weddings, parties, showers. And then, just when I get feeling a little too purtied up with my big earrings and sundresses, I go YARD SALE-ING!!! I have to say, as much as I LOVE to dress up, I'm much more comfortable in my duds, going through other people's junk! This past weekend was the annual Brookstone neighborhood yard sale. I actually save up my money for this baby. This year I went with my friends Jennifer, Kelli and Tandy. We get there early. I mean like 7:30 a.m. early. We go, go, go...break for a hot dog, and go some more! Here's just a few of our finds...Here I have some VHS tapes, a Spiderman costume for Wesley, 2 Hollister shirts for Paul and some Dick and Jane books for Will to read. Aren't Tandy's vintage suitcases cute?I got home from yard sale-ing just in time to QUICK CHANGE and go to a "Kentucky Derby Party!" This was so fun. Hats EVERYWHERE! And, ooohhh, the food. Kentucky Derby pie!!! Sweet tea! Little cucumber sandwiches!

I don't think I've ever posted a picture of our home. So, I thought I'd post this picture for you to see!

I joke, I joke. Not ours. I think Paul was embarrassed that I asked him to take a picture of me and the boys in these people's driveway. That's why you can't see Wesley's face. It was a quick snap. None of this..."hey, take another one, Wesley wasn't looking" business. ha!

6 comments:

Toni R. said...

Angela, you are so stinkin' gorgeous, it kills me! Your clothes are so adorable! I love to go to yardsales, too. I go just about every weekend in the spring!

Kristi Smalley said...

I love yard sales and never go to them. When I think of it, it is later in the day which at that point you might as well foget it.

It looks like yall had a blast.

I love the picture of you in your black dress. SO CHIC, SO CLASSY, SO GORGEOUS!!!! I would love that dress for myself. (hint,hint, wink, wink, cough, cough) JK

Dolly said...

Angela Dawn Schonfelder Richardson! You are one sexy momma. I love that black one shoulder dress. Did you find that at a yard sale too? seriously, that's a great pic of you and Paul. You're so beautiful!

I would LOVE to go to yard sales with you. Looks like you girls had some fun and you got some good stuff.
Happy Mother's Day!

Jennifer said...

Listen here, I don't care what you're wearing you look GREAT in whatever it is! You are one sexy mama in that black dress...so pretty. Funny about taking a picture in front of the house...way to think of your blog, Angela!

Kristi said...

HATS! SO fun!! I love hats. I really love that you stopped for the pic. Jason knows Pauls pain - I have required him to be the camera man for more than one "embarrassing" photo op. :)

Angela Richardson said...

Ladies, ladies...thanks for compliments about the dress. No, Dolly, I didn't get it from a yard sale. :) I got it from Ross. It is Calvin Klein though. Yep, eh!