Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Richardson Road Trip '09

Whew! What a week! We travelled up to Virginia for 8 days. The longest the boys have ever been away from home. We saw SO many of our friends and family and it was great to catch up. Hang in there, I'm gonna take you on our road trip through pictures...

We stopped in Charlotte on the way and had a cookout with Donna and Hannah. (Sweet blogger friends). It was a great break in our trip and it was so refreshing to see these girls. Donna, thanks so much for hosting us and Roy - for those mean burgers...YUM! We hit the ground running in Lynchburg. I finally got to meet my sweet friend Dolly's baby, Michael. He is a punkin! That boy melted me!!! We had a girls night and watched the Bachelorette premiere.
Paul and I got to have dinner with both sides of our family. We met his cousin Andrea's new baby boy Parker...cutie pa-tootie! The night we had dinner with my family, we were playing baseball together and my dad BROKE HIS FOOT! It was such a bummer. I felt so bad for him.

We left Lynchburg and headed to D.C. to see Grampa Dave and Gramma Sue. We took the boys all OVER D.C. We even got to see the President's helicopter land on the White House lawn. That was cool no matter who you voted for! Took the boys to the National Zoo - amazing! We also took them to the Natural History Museum, and then took them to see "Night at the Museum II".

The highlight for me, was seeing these babies...I've been to the American History Museum 3 times and every time, the Ruby Slippers were ON TOUR!?! This time, I got to see them! Okay, this picture CRACKS ME UP - we were trying to get a family photo in front of the Capitol. Where is the Capitol you may ask??? Behind our heads!!! Choose your fellow tourist picture takers wisely. :)

Boys playing with Parker...their new 2nd cousin. This is the newest addition to the Richardson family. Tiger. My friend Lisa's cat had kittens. The boys have been BEGGING for a pet. We get to bring her home in 2 weeks. She is adorable!

5 comments:

Dolly said...

Great post Angela! Okay a few comments...

1. I can't believe your poor dad broke his leg while playing a family game of baseball. So sad!!!
2. I LOL at the pic of you and that lady as twins. You're so funny that you got a picture with her.
3. You look beautiful touring DC in your little sundress. What a pretty mommy!
4. I loved seeing you here! You sure packed a lot in.

Jennifer said...

Girl, now that's what I call a road trip! I bet you were worn out from all that fun. Glad you got to see so many friends. I LOVE Washington DC - the museums there are great. Way to edumacate your chillins at an early age! :)

Jennifer said...

Oh, I'll need to hear you and Dolly's reaction to The Bachelorette too. I'm thinking Jillian is a little on the floozy side (she's already a kissin' fool) and her men choices are SO CHEESY!

Kristi said...

How fun!! Vacations are so supposed to be restful but they end up being so busy, don't they? Looks like you had a wonderful time. So great that you got to see so many friends and family. Love your pictures - they are great and you are so beautiful.

Unknown said...

Ang, you are one HOT Mama in your vacation attire. Seriously, I LOVE all your cute tops. You look beautiful (and skinny minnie)! GREAT post is right and as always, you were a breathe of fresh air. Glad you we could be a part of road trip 09 and I'm so glad you got to see DRS and Tandy!!!!