Wednesday, April 29, 2009

You'll LOVE this sandwich!!!

A friend of my recently introduced me to this turkey pinwheel. It's SO YUMMY! And the ingredients might surprise you, but give it a whirl! You'll be hooked too!Here's what you need:
Very thin or shaved ham and turkey
Pineapple cream cheese
Whole Wheat Tortillas
Lettuce
Tomato
Wishbone Balsamic Salad Spray
OreganoSpread a very thin layer of the cream cheese.Layer ham and turkey, very thin as well.Slice tomatoes as thin as you can. Lay them up the middle.Layer lettuce on top and spritz with salad spray.Sprinkle with just a little oregano.Roll up very tight from the side.Wrap it in foil. Put in fridge and let it set overnight or at least for a few hours. Slice them up and you're ready for a picnic! Aren't they cute?Our family went to the park for a picnic dinner. I served our pinwheels with a little pasta salad and some Sun Chips. YUM!You've also got to try this strawberry dip. I got it off the Warm Pie, Happy Home blog (on my sidebar). You need a jar of marshmallow cream and a block of cream cheese. Mix together. It's a lot easier if you let the cream cheese get room temp. Or put it in a blender. Voila! Dessert! YUMMY!

8 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

Those pinwheels look good. I will have to try those very soon.

I love that fruit dip recipe. I could eat my weight in that stuff.

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

I am on those pinwheels! With the fruit dip I add two tablespoons of Orange Juice and it is to dye for!

Kristi said...

pineapple? really? ok - I think I'll give it a try! :)

Melanie said...

That combo sounds good to me!
I've made the same fruit dip. It's a keeper - except I'm still not eating sugar.
Got the cute pink dishcloths today!
Yay...one is already in use.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Lisa Irby said...

Your pinwheels looked great!! Good job!!

Jennifer said...

I'm salivating down here in Greenville...both look so yummy! I'm a sucker for a good strawberry dip too!

Dolly said...

I just had that strawberry dip at Bible study last week and it was SO GOOD! I could have eaten the whole bowl. I'm going to have to make this for sure.

Elizabeth @ things with feathers said...

I'm so hungry. That sandwich looks so good, I almost licked my screen. Okay, I did.