Friday, April 17, 2009

Caught RED-HANDED...literally!!!

Boy, I thought Wesley was taking the longest, best nap ever. He had been up in his room for over an hour. I started laundry, picked up the kitchen, and started dinner. 

I went upstairs to wake up Wesley.... I noticed the door handle was REALLY STICKY, but "sticky" isn't that uncommon in my house, so I continued into his room...this was my first clue:
There he was. Fast asleep. Probably had JUST fallen asleep. Laying next to this:

He left little clues all over his room...on the humidifier:
On the air purifier:

On his piggy (monkey) bank:

After 5 minutes of scrubbing, his hands are still red. Lesson: don't leave Christmas stocking candy in your kid's drawers!!! Oh, and another thing... all this work on keeping his air healthy, keeping HIM healthy, with the humidifier, air purifier, and he's upstairs sucking on sugar. Goodness gracious. :)

5 comments:

Teecy said...

Hey Ang! I just saw your facebook status and headed right over to crumbs! cute post! (and cute humidifier:)
so, hey, um...you don't keep tabs on me anymore? huh? what's that about?
(you know i'm like 98% kidding, right?!)

Toni R. said...

That is so cute! So, this is what it's like to have boys, huh? I "can't wait" to get to that stage! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Windsor said...

That is too cute! I love the prints everywhere! At least you know where he went in his room?!

Kristi Smalley said...

GREAT POST!!!! You did a perfect job of capturing this "boy moment". Hilarious! It all comes from sugar cane. That's a natural substance, isn't it?

Kristi said...

Great title on this super cute post! I LOVE the sweet little sticky red handprints! That is adorable. Did it come off everything??
I had a similar experience when Madison was 2 except it was with RED LIPSTICK from the diaper bag!! I thought she was taking a great little Sunday nap. Funny how they know to stay quiet when they are being naughty!