Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First time for everything

I am 31 yrs. old and I have never owned a REAL pair of HIGH heels. There, I've said it. I'm much to awkward and clumsy and I've always been intimidated by them. Well, I took my 6 yr. old shoe shopping with me today. I need a pair for our church's Christmas program, it's a dress up deal. These are what he thought looked best. And I TRUSTED HIM! We're not talking pumps honey, these are some SERIOUS heels. So tonight I try everything on together, the dress, earrings and yes, the SHOES. WOAH NELLY! Since I don't have a full-length mirror, I decided to stand on my toilet to see the whole thing. Not a good idea. I marched up on the toilet as if I were wearing flats and didn't leave room for the rest of the heel to make it up there with me. Now, at this point, my boys are in my bedroom playing Star Wars x box, when all of a sudden they hear.....ka-BOOM!

Yep, that would be ME!

Praise God I wasn't hurt too badly. And the shoes are absolutely fine. But, I'm not quite sure I should wear them to a dinner show where I have to walk to my seat holding a plate of food from the buffet. Oh, I can see it now....

I might just wear these puppies instead.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

I say go for the heels! But next time you buy high heels, try the platform heal. No kidding, they are modern, easy to wear and you won't fall off your toilet seat in them - I promise. I may just have to post a picture for you - to help a sistah out! Just wait til your 6 year old is 16 and you'll get even more fashion advice.

Jennifer said...

What...no full length mirror??? How do you get dressed every day? :) Go to Home Depot and buy a cheap one and then have your husband put it on the back of your bathroom door. No more falling off of toilets...

I must say I really love the shoes! You definitely need to wear them to the party. Just have your husband carry your food...he'll score some brownie points by looking like he's serving his wife. I've always been a fan of high heels, but I haven't been wearing them too much lately. My husband doesn't love them because I'm over 6 feet with some of my shoes and he's only 5'11. Shorty! :)

Kristi Smalley said...

Angela, I fell off my computer chair just looking at those high heels. WHEW!!!!

I love high heels so much but between MS and my lack of grace, high heels are not my friend. I am loving the ballerina slipper trend that is going on now. If trends change and we go back to my LU days where you wore heels with everything (along with pantyhose) I'm in trouble!

I like Jennifer's idea. Let Paul serve you and walk slow. Be sure and wear clean panties just in case you do fall. HA!

Glenda said...

So glad you didn't hurt yourself Angela! Enjoyed visiting your blog today...pray you have a wonderful week!

Windsor said...

I am a luker through Donna, but I had to tell you that this post is so funny! First...glad you weren't hurt, but how many of us have done the same thing! Hilar!

I am the same way...I just can't wear heels.

Anonymous said...

You should wear them! They are hott! Your 6 yr old has good taste!
I do the same thing im my bathroom - except I have to stand on the tub. :)

- April

The Whitfield's said...

I'm so happy that God placed me at table B12! What a night!!! You looked beautiful in what you chose to wear!! By the way, I do LOVE those heels.....what size are they? :)

Toni R. said...

Hey girl!
No, I haven't gotten it yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post it right away! I am the same....I sent mine to Hannah on Tuesday and she still hasn't gotten hers yet, either! I've been checking her blog obsessively!!!

Unknown said...

Angela, I just saw your post and LOL. Those heels will be perfecto for Candyman! There's their purpose! Eat your hear out, Paul. :)