Monday, December 1, 2008

DECEMBER 1ST - DAY 1

Tonight we opened our first Christmas book and read it. These are old books we've collected over the years, but wrapping them makes them feel new again. Will and Wesley will take turns, for example, tonight - Wesley picked the book, Will unwrapped it. And the winner is...
Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear
We also started the Advent Calendar. Tonight Wesley pulled out a camel. By the 25th it will be a full nativity. I love all these little traditions!!! (Maybe even more than my kids:)

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Great, great memories for your kiddos! :)

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

What a great idea! Perhaps, we'll start tonight! Only missed 1 book. Also, you picture of you and Paul at the top is adorable!

Melanie said...

My three kids are older - youngest is 11. But reading our collections of Christmas books was always a wonderful part of the season. We especially enjoyed a pop up book by Tomie DePaoli.
I love your idea of wrapping the books!

Anonymous said...

Tonight our story was How The Grinch Stole Christmas. Such a classic!

Melanie said...

To answer your question, I found your great blog by a comment you left on another blog I read - The Reluctant Entertainer, I think.

Thanks for YOUR comment on mine. Also - you are the first to leave a comment on my ministry blog. I haven't kept it current - only as a place for my speaking topics. But very soon, it will be an "arm" of a one minute teaching ministry on a Christian tv network. Since, you are the first to leave a comment on DoTell, you are the first to know. I'll post more information on BellaMella, should you or anyone else have an interest!
P.S. I used to live in Ga - Alma, Thomaston, Calhoun.