Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Your Summer Polish Consultant is HERE!



Those of you that know me know that I'm a huge fan of nail polish and even more so of their NAMES! That's right. I'm more likely to purchase a bottle of OPI polish over Sally Hansen or any of the other brands. OPI has the best names. (and colors, and it lasts a good while too) Some of my favorites include:
D.C. Cherry Blossom
Bogota Blackberry (great for fall, and my all time favorite polish)
Shootout at the O.K. Corral
Kiss on the chic
Suzi Loves Sydney (great for fall)
Berry Much In Love
I'm Not really a waitress
Catherine the Grape (good for toes in winter)

But here's my #1 favorite, for toes for summer. Get ready, drumroll please......

I'M INDI-A MOOD FOR LOVE!

I got my toes done right before vacation and this was the color I chose at the salon. I got so many compliments on this color! Maybe my toes distracted people from my hideous spray tan! :) I came home on a mission...to find this polish. I found it today at our mall. I was THRILLED they had it in stock. Most places have gone up on OPI polish. They're usually around $8 a bottle. But, it's worth it! I've even checked the website several times to see if they were hiring for people to name the colors. That would be a blast for me.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can leave comments now!!! :) I wish to thank you on behalf of all the Wordpress users!

Now, can you tell me a good color for a a VERY pale, slightly auburn-headed girl?

Angela Richardson said...

Yes, here's some good choices for you:
Cajun Shrimp
Shootout at the O.K. Coral
You Rock-apulco Red! (good red for "red-heads"!:)

Donna said...

Angela, I always think of you when I wear OPI...especially the color I wore for my wedding. You were so sweet to get all the brides maids nail polish for a discounted rate. Thanks for the tips on the colors. I love OPI too!

Now, I need to get to your vacation post. LOVE the picture of you and Paul...so cute!

Dolly said...

Oops, I'm at Donna's house but that was actually me, Dolly, who posted that commment.

Donna said...

I like that "I'm not really a waitress" color, too! Angela, for some reason I think of you when I see OPI polish, too! Your toes look good. You should see mine right now...hideous. Chipped from the last time I had a pedi (Easter!!!) Yikes!

jenniferg said...

Since you are the 'color' expert... Are French or American pedicures in? I have heard that bright white is out. Say it ain't so???? Angela- what is your take?

Angela Richardson said...

JennG, I think the French/American pedi looks good. It looks even better when your feet are tanned. And, I'm usually just more partial to COLOR! But, if you have a fancy occasion to wear strappy sandals and show your toes, go for it! We need to go get our toes done huh? :)

Kristi Smalley said...

All I can say about this post is that it gags me when women grow out their toenails long so that they can get a good french manicure on them. They look pretty but I can just envision all the toe jam and dirt behind all that pretty polish. Me like short toenails regardless of the color. Ha! (No offense if any of you have talons for toenails.)LOL!

Denise said...

Good Post! Love the music too. It makes me smile. Have a good weekend with your 3 boys!

Denise said...

Also, Love the picture of you and Paul. CUTE!

Janis Reber said...

I'm on an Amtrak train from Lynchburg to NYC, and I finally have time to sit and read EVERYONE'S blogs. Angela, I love it that you're kind of the make-up/beauty expert....especially in the nail polish department. I actually bought two bottles of OPI at Target yesterday, and plan to do both hands and feet while I'm sitting in my hotel room and Dan is at a conference. One color is Samoan Sand, and the other is Quarter of a Cent-Cherry. Neither was on your list, so I hope I like them. Sometimes I buy a color thinking it will be great, and then I end up hating it and never using it again. What a waste of money. Anyway, I love reading your blogs. Keep it up!!!