Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Baby Bird, Backpacks, and Father's Day



There is a little bird's nest on the column of our front porch. A little baby bird was sitting in the nest and me and the boys would watch him all day. Well, I noticed the bird wasn't moving. I thought it had died. So, I asked Paul to kindly remove the little bird so nothing else would get it. He got a chair and nudged the nest and LO and BEHOLD...the bird's ALIVE!



He flopped, out of the nest. Trying to fly, he ran into our rocking chair. It was pitiful. Paul ran inside to get a towel to pick him up with and put him back. (I ran to get my camera) Paul put him back in the nest, where he was too tired to try to flop out again. I felt horrible that I disturbed him. Poor little thing.



Lesson: Birds sleep.

They're very still when they sleep.

They're not dead, so leave 'em alone.



A Fresh Hope
A friend of mine's little girl, Waverly has started a charity for children called A Fresh Hope. She fills backpacks with school supplies, toiletries and goodies for children in need. You really need to check out her site at Afreshhope.com. This little girl is 10 years old and has a HUGE heart. Her parents had a cookout Friday night and the kids stuffed backpacks.

I'm so proud of you Wave!






Father's Day!


Paul is very simple when it comes to celebrating anything for himself. He loves to chill. His favorite restaurant is Cracker Barrel. So Saturday night that's where we were! The boys and Paul all had pancakes and breakfast food. Paul - The Old Timer's Breakfast. Me - grilled chicken with green beans, mashed potatoes with BROWN gravy (if you don't specify, they put white sawmill gravy on your potatoes, not a fan of the white stuff). We went outside and rocked on the chairs for a bit. We rented a ridiculously horrible movie called FLAKES. It's a Blockbuster Exclusive. Save yourself $4.95 and don't rent it.

Sunday morning, we all went to church together. I mean, we rode in the same car. Paul helped me drop off the boys in Praiseland and we sat together in church. That was a treat. Went to Moe's after church and came home and went to the pool and watched Tiger Woods go into a tie breaker. Simple, but great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a TREAT...to get to ride in the SAME car AND sit together?!?!? Wow.... I don't remember the last time. :)

I love the baby bird story. Unfortunately, we have watched many a wooded creature come to its demise in my backyard. We have a cat.... 'Nuff said!

Dolly said...

Love the updates. Funny about the bird and the pic of Paul putting it back into its nest was funny.

That little girl Waverly is the prettiest little girl. She looks like an angel and I love her name. SHe's going to be a knock out when she gets older.

Looks like ya'll had a nice Sunday Father's Day together. That's the cutest picture with Paul and his boys too!