Sunday, June 8, 2008

Hydrangea Festival here we COME!



Whew busy weekend. Quick recap. Saturday morning I woke up and remembered that it was the day of the first annual Douglasville Hydrangea Festival (featured in last month's Southern Living). I asked Paul, kind of spur of the moment, if it was okay if I just went by myself and did the tour of homes. He said YES! I was ECSTATIC! He had some time with the boys while I headed off to Douglasville and see these hydrangea's in bloom! One of the homes on tour was also in Southern Living. It was breath taking. I took a few pictures before I realized it was a no-no. Ooops. I'm not huge into gardening, but I still appreciated all the hard work that goes into keeping one so immaculate. A sweet lady (named Pam) came up to me and asked me if I wanted to walk around with her. We walked and talked about flowers and fun places to eat, etc. I made a new friend! I think we are going to have tea this week at Le Jardin Blanc and play Croquet! Yes, I said CROQUET! You have to wear all white when you play. Girls, anybody know how to play? I need a crash course quick!!! I will make sure I have my camera handy that day. :)

Came home, quick shower and change and headed to the church for Judy Ann Bloye's (our Pastor Brian's mom) wedding. She married Paul Wright. A sweet man in our church who also lost his spouse not too long ago. Paul (my husband) felt so honored to perform their ceremony. They are now Mr. and Mrs. Paul Wright. They are honeymooning this week in Jamaica! I'm very happy for them.

This is me and my friend Chris at the wedding. Can you spot the real tan versus the fake one? Hmmm, it's really hard isn't it! Do you think all the SPARKLES on my skin gives me away? I bought a new bronzer, (I ran out of my fabulous Arbonne powder bronzer) and this stuff is like pixie dust. However I didn't realize that until I was at the wedding, I was glancing down at my toes (with "I'm Indi-a Mood for Love" painted on them) and I saw this shimmer. Yes, to be clear I dusted my arms and legs and shoulders and face....everything with this stuff. This picture doesn't really capture just how "DAZZLING" I really was. I'm givin' up, throwin' in the towel, I'm not meant to be tan! :)


It's almost midnight as I'm typing this and I'm B-E-A-T! Good fun filled weekend though!

5 comments:

jenniferg said...

Grasshopper... I think you look great, Sparkles and all. I would love to learn Croquet too. I guess putting a couple of wire hoops in the front yard with some cheap mallots doesn't count? That's all I know so we will have to find another instructor. I think you and your Garden Club President friend could have tons of fun together. Imagine the entertainment?

Dolly said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend and full of lots of things for you to do for yourself. That's good. I LOVE the pic of you and Chris. YOu both look B-E-A-utiful! I think your "fake" tan looks great too!

Everything Homemade said...

so you took the pics illegally and now you are posting them!! what a rebel...i love that you made a friend so quickly. i dont ever really open up like that so quickly, i admire the quality.

Donna said...

Angela, you are so funny! Just sit outside while your sons play and catch some rays!!

That's great that Brian's mom got married again. They look very happy!

Anonymous said...

Well, fake tan or not, I think you're gorgeous!!! Just stand next to me and you'll look like that really tan guy from Fantasy Island in comparison!!!