Saturday, June 21, 2008

Pinkle Twinkle and Father/Son Look Alike Contest



This is me and my sweet friend Amy. We haven't had some girl time together in QUITE a while. So Friday night we hit the town for some Pinkle Twinkle time.

What is Pinkle Twinkle, you may ask?

Paul and I had decided a while back that every now and then he would watch the boys and give me some time. Of course I had to come up with a name for it....just for calendar purposes. :) You know when you go to write it on the calendar, it's gotta be easy to write. What is it with me and names? I just love a good name for something.

It may be a disorder.

Friday night I officially initiated Amy into Pinkle Twinkle time. Amy just adopted a newborn baby boy named Collin. He's a SCHWEET-HEART. And she also has a little girl named Anna-Kate, also ADORABLE and super smart.

We found these matching PINK hoodies at American Eagle and wore them around. Yes, we were dressed alike. But we were confident and having a blast. We shopped and tried on clothes that are only meant for 17 yr. olds. So funny! We went to Aspen for an Oh SO FABULOUS dinner. And dessert....



Creme Brulee and Hot Fudge Brownie Sundae. YUM!



We finished off the night at Barnes N Noble, where Amy got me a book she said I HAD to read called "The Shack". I'm gonna start tomorrow at naptime. We'll keep ya posted on the book...


Father/Son Look Alike Contest


The contest was this morning at the Avenues. I got up and ironed everyone's shirts. (Wesley matched too, but I think he would've hurt their chances since he doesn't look as much like Paul). They had to do a father/son walk. They zoomed like airplanes and Paul and Will blew kisses to the judges. Just going the extra mile boys.



These were the finalists. The dad and daughter next to Paul and Will looked alike, but what I really want you to notice is the Pike nursery people. These people went ALL out. Man, competition was tough. They had shovels and matching hats and sunglasses...but in the end, drumroll please...Paul and Will walked away the GRAND PRIZE CHAMPIONS!!! Here's what they won:

Paul - a $50 gift card to Joseph A. Banks
Will - a WEBKINZ (he chose a snake, and named it Stripes)





Here's Paul shopping. Man, that gift card didn't last long. He blew that puppy in one shot. :)



Paul, leaving Jos. A Banks, very satisfied with his purchase. He got a shirt. That's about all $50 will get you in there. Thanks for being a good sport about the picture babe!


Okay friends, still waiting for those cabinet, drawer and closet makeover pictures. Spit-spot. (aka, Mary Poppins)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job on the girl time! I've not been so good about putting those on my calendar like I should! I guess it doesn't count if your kids come along too, huh? :)

And congrats to Paul and WIll!!! Of course they would win! I've never seen a father/son combo that looked more alike! :)

And why am I reading blogs instead getting ready for church?!

Dolly said...

Good for you and Paul for the pinkle twinkle night. That name is hilarious.

I'm glad Wil and Paul won! they really ARE spitten image of each other. So cute!

Kristi Smalley said...

You and Hannah remind me so much of each other the way you write. You both are so funny and have such a way with words.

Pinkle Twinkle....hummmm.....I would have probably thought of something like, "Please give me a night out before I break out into Shingles!" Ha!

Teecy said...

i love pinkle twinkle...that's so cute! you crack me up!
i finally added you to my blog list...sorry...i just kept forgetting!
i got to see paul on sunday but you weren't there...WAH!!! sorry i missed you!

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

That is such a great name for a "girls night out". I love nights out like that! You always come home feeling like a normal human being again being in the outside world all grown up! :) I feel its very important as a mom to do that, so you don't loose your sanity!
You do come up with some great names for things!

Denise said...

Good post and congrats to Paul and Will. Wow! Cool!

Unknown said...

Angela, I already love you! I could TOTALLY get into some Pinkle Twinkle Time. Gosh, why couldn't I think of that myself??!? You're my hero. :) LOL...I just saw what Kristi said.

Unknown said...

BTW, I had JUST bought India Mood for Love and then I saw your post! Great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

I'm very thrilled that you wrote this :P

Natasha
go ahead insurance