Wednesday, June 18, 2008

This is CATASTROPHIC!



All of my Willow Tree angels sit on a shelf in my kitchen. We've all bumped into it at one time or another, but always managed to catch a falling angel with our foot or we'll claw around like a kitten until we finally grab it before it hits the ground. Well, this time we weren't so lucky.

We have 4 casualties.

"Springtime" is broken off at the waist, "Friendship" - the cat's ear broke off, "Hope" lost his right hand and the mother and baby one... almost too terrible to look at. I've gotta go get some strong super glue. These are so special to me, all from different people for different things. Good memories. I gotta get these guys on the mend!

Then, I'm moving them to a different, safer spot!

5 comments:

jenniferg said...

Oh dear.... You need the "ngel of Rebuilding or Rebirth". Skip has a break/fix shop on his workbench in his garage. There is a waiting list but we could probably make a special appointment for these little gals and guys.

Angela Richardson said...

Put me on the list Jenn, PUT ME ON THE LIST!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so sad to look at! :( Please post a picture of the newly revived angels when they become repaired!!!

Toni R. said...

This has nothing to do with your blog, but I HAD to tell you this b/c it's so funny. My daughter went to VBS at TRBC this week and LOVES your brother! She thinks he is a SUPERSTAR! He played the role of Indiana Jones, I guess, and she went up and got his autograph and everything! Also, my mom called me all worried (typical) because Jason was swinging from a rope really high up in the air and she was scared he was going to fall. She was going on and on and on about it..."he should have a harness or a net or something....he could fall and get hurt"..I thought it was cute that she was worried about him! Just thought I'd share :) I hope all is well!

Donna said...

Angela, they make super glue in a nail polish-like bottle. When Caroline broke many of my ornaments last Christmas, I went out and bought some. It works really well..you can't tell it was broken!

LOL about Toni's comments about your brother. My nieces and nephew went, too, and they loved watching him:)