Thursday, June 12, 2008

Finished!

BEFORE

AFTER!





Well, what I thought would take one afternoon took two. I just finished! See all those empty hangers? Mmmm-hmmm. Got rid of all of it! Some things went up to winter storage. Some to the Warehouse of Hope and some to sell on ebay. My dad put these shelves in on his last visit, so I hope you see this dad and it makes you proud!!! I re-organized my shoes and put my tops back in color order. (Thanks to my friend Mindi for showing me how much neater it looks!)


Who needs 10 pairs of summer pj's? I thought I did. But now I'm down to 5. I made plenty of space so that keeping it neat and tidy shouldn't be so difficult. And the purses...OH, the purses. I got rid of 4 and cleaned out the rest. And let me tell you, I found some treasures!!! Here's just a few things I found:

My favorite silver earrings with "A" on them

My tweezers

68 cents - finder's keepers! :)

$25 Gift card to Chili's - cha-ching!

VS mints

Pens/Pencils and one eyeliner

And 2 books of stamps!



So during this process, I was motivated. Now, I'm going to tackle the kitchen drawers and my pantry. I'm going to tackle them ALL! No closet or cabinet is safe! (I'll be checking my fabric softener dispenser too Donna!:)

Here's my challenge to you...

Pick one cabinet, drawer, sock bin, toy basket, etc. Clean it out and send a before and after picture and I'll post it for you. Let's get organized! Email to angelarichardson@mac.com.

I'm so excited for Paul to come home and see this. He'll actually be able to get to HIS closet now without having to STEP OVER my stuff! Embarrassing!


14 comments:

Dolly said...

This is AWESOME Angela! GOod work. It made me feel clean just reading it and seeing your pictures. I'm going to be doing some before and after pics of our nursery and will be getting started VERY SOON. I have lots to do so I'll make sure and get pics and send them to you too. Well done! Welllllll done!

Anonymous said...

Where are my children during all of this?

Angela Richardson said...

Darling, they were safe and secure in the living room watching PBS kids.

(for probably 3 hours, eeek)

Kristi Smalley said...

I am laughing at the "anonymous" comment. Your closet made me tired although it looks great. I have started doing my son, Parker's room. We are tearing off moulding, painting, reorganizing. I didn't know what I had bit off until I started and he is the biggest PACKRAT ever. I don't know where he kept all his junk. Excuse me, I now need to go lay down.

jenniferg said...

Oh boy! I am very proud of you.. Have you ever seen my closest compared to my neat hubbies? His is in color order but broken down even further.. We have colored order for no collars, collars without buttons, collars with buttons, tuck vs. untuck and that doesn't even get into jeans. All shoes are properly facing at attention with their mate. I used to hang items facing the wrong way back in our honeymoon days.. just to bug him. I would see how long it took for him to figure out that shirt #67 was facing West. HMMMM... may have to pull that ole' trick out again.

Everything Homemade said...

congrats...i had to do to that with our guest room/catch all closet before naomi was born, now that space is downstairs and i am too lazy to just throw things in there because it takes effort to get downstair...SCORE on the stamps those things are gold in our house.

Bargain Noble said...

You are hilarious! Actually, I just re-organized Aron's whole room, but I didn't take any before pics as it wasn't necessarily a mess, just unorganized! Now, my closet, that is a whole other issue! It is a HOT MESS! I'll have to work on that next week and email you the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hee hee..."anonymous" and his comment! :) Okay, first off....AMAZING!!!! Now reward yourself with a date night with Paul to Chili's!

I need serious help in the area of organization. SERIOUS help.

Unknown said...

FINALLY...checking out your crumbs!!!!!!!!!! That looks mahvelous, Darling. I just did the same thing but it might've taken me more than two days. I used that same hanging organizer...actually four of them. Two of the shoe ones and two for t-shirts/tank tops. BTW, I LOVE the pic at the top of your blog!!!!!!!!Cute AND funny!

Aubin said...

ooh, it looks good! I love organizing. I totally agree with the color organizing. I used to organize by short sleeves, tanks, you know but I'm pretty sure Oprah taught me to color organize. Thanks Oprah! I (how many times can I say "organize" in this comment??

Tonya said...

I love it! You are inspiring! We moved into our house in January and my closet is still in complete disarray! Everyone else's closet I have organized well (Emory tends to make a mess of hers daily?)but mine is the catch all! I even have 2 or 3 boxes of shoes/clothes/bags that I have never even opened! I am to embarrassed to take a picture..I have tried but cant bring myself to do it!

kirsten said...

Angela, way to go!!! man, aren't closets the easiest thing in the house to get all cluttery (I have no idea if this is a word)? It looks great. I am going to tackle my pantry, I will send pictures! way to go to get us motivated

Janis Reber said...

LOL that you found 2books of stamps! THat's money in the bank!! Okay, when I get home I'm tackling Caroline's toy closet downstairs. We call it her garage and who knows what is in there. I'll send pics.

Denise said...

Jenius--I mean Donna! You keep commenting under mom's name. FUNNY to "hear" mom write this way.

Good for you Angela! I need to do this,so bad but my problem is I have not room for ANYTHING anywhere. My closet is 1/3 storage, 1/3 my clothes, and 1/3 Margaux's clothes.

Florida homes just aren't made with lots of storage places like GA or VA!