Saturday, May 15, 2010

Yard Sale Finds!!!

I haven't been yard sale-ing in forever. Today, it was just me and my Wesley hanging out. We went to the pool in our neighborhood, and on the way back to our house, we scored some GREAT deals!
Nice, heavy duty tongs for the grill...25 cents!
Sterling Silver tongs for fancy stuff...25 cents! Maybe for a fruit tray or ice cubes with mint leaves and berries frozen inside. Ooooh, I'm getting excited about the possibilities.
Regular tongs...25 cents. Now, this is where you really score. These were in the SAME 25 cent bin as the sterling silver tongs. I got these, well, just because. Actually, I thought by getting these too, I would disguise the SS ones...hee hee.
Table cloth/linen, hand embroidered...$1.00. This is precious! It has little easter bunnies and chicks embroidered on it. Can't you just see it under the centerpiece with some little colored eggs on it at Easter dinner?
Table cloth/linen...$1.00. Here again, all in the same bin and I just grabbed this one as well. I thought this would be darling on a table at a tea party. Yeah, because I have tea parties all the time. Oh well.
Table cloth...$1.00. Oh, I wish this picture did this table cloth justice! I squealed inside when I saw this. I mean really??? Pink and green gingham! Linen! Embroidered! Spotless! It doesn't even look like it's been used. I need to have a girl party so I can use it.
Twelve Extraordinary Women by John Macarthur...50 cents! This looks like a really good book and just this week someone was telling me to read it. Score! Oh, and look what was inside...
Family Christmas cards...I guess I'll need to drop these back by their house. Or, maybe they were part of the deal, who knows? :)
Teacup and saucer...$3.00. Isn't this just so dainty? It is bone china from Germany and it's in MINT condition. I got it for my gramma. She has the most beautiful collection of teacups.

So I spent under $8.00 and got some fun treats! $8.00 isn't bad to get the shopping bug out of your system.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

What steals!!! I L-O-V-E the ss tongs and think the ice cube idea has even given me a spring in my step!
The other silver tongs we had growing up - the same ones. I can only remember my mom using them to get corn on the cob out of the pot of boiling water.
The table cloths are PERFECT and yes, you must have a girl party.

Melanie said...

SCORE! I like it all.

Amanda G. Farmer said...

The John MacArthur book is amazing! I read it about two years ago myself, and I couldn't put it down. Check out the 12 Ordinary Men book that he wrote, as well. It really puts in perspective that God uses each and every one of us, strengths, weaknesses, and all!