Thursday, May 27, 2010

The BEST Doctor EVER

Folks, meet Dr. Watkins. He is my cardiologist. This is the best doctor on the planet. He is one of those doctors who listens to you complete your thoughts and sentences before he makes a suggestion. He lets me talk about my life and my boys. He has a gift. Not only is he book smart, but he is truly gifted to be a cardiologist. He is the reason I drive 2 1/2 hours to go to a doctor's appointment. He laughed a little when I asked to get a picture of him. I told him, "I have a picture of all of the important people in my life and you need to be in those pictures." He obliged. I don't know what I'll do when this man retires. Please, oh, PLEASE don't let it be too soon!

My appt. went well. He changed my beta blocker and gave me a pep talk. I need a pep talk often. I don't know if he gives everyone a pep talk or if he could just tell I needed one. So, I've started new medicine and we'll see how it goes. Thank you to everyone who commented and loved on me. And, if you ever need a cardiologist...he is your man! 

2 comments:

Donna said...

Angela, I'm laughing! First of all that you said "folks...." (I can totally hear you saying that!!!) and second, the pic of you and your doctor. I am always embarrassed to get pictures like that, too. You want them so badly but when the time comes to ask the person for a picture, they look at you like you're crazy:) I'm glad you got your picture with him, though,and I"m glad you love your dr. It's always so nice when you find a great doc!!

JanieN said...

Thanks for sharing your journey, Angela. I was in B'ham yesterday, and specifically asked if Dr. Watkins had any plans of retirement...none yet! (Dr. Moore rocks too!)