Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wesley's 1st Dentist Appt!

I was a bit nervous taking Wesley to the dentist. He's just more 'spirited' than Will. I just imagined him in a room with all the instruments, hoses, and the chair that goes up and down with the touch of a button... BUT, he did so GREAT! He loved that he got to choose his toothpaste flavor. The hygienist was so good with him. She let him hold the 'straw' - the sucky thing. He did get a little carried away with that.

Will was so disappointed because he has 2 cavities. The dentist told me, in Will's defense, that it's because he has really deep pits in his back teeth. AND, the hygienist said Will had the cleanest teeth of any 6 yr. old she had seen! Will was just so sad he didn't get to have his picture taken and posted on the 'no cavity' wall. Poor guy. He's brushed his teeth 10 times since we've been home.
Goody bags!

3 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

What cuties they are!!!! I always get so nervous when I take my kids to the dentist. I brace myself for the "Mrs. Smalley, your kids' mouths are rotten" because I see how fast they brush. So far, so good.

Your boys look SOOO proud of themselves!!! What brave little troopers they are, b/c I HATE to go go the dentist.

Desiree said...

How fun! I'm a little nervous about taking James when that time comes. I really hate going so hopefully my negativity won't rub off!

Kristi said...

They are cute even having dental work done!
I can totally get more of a glimpse of Will's personality knowing that he has brushed his teether 10 times since the cavity diagnosis. That is so precious.