Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I Surrender

I had another one of those nights last night. Where, I went running and found myself taking out the day's frustrations on the pavement. I felt like my heels were beating on the asphalt and my head just throbbed. My joints were begging for mercy. But I had to do it. Running (and listening to my ipod) is therapeutic for me. Even though I despise running. Is that crazy or what? This song ("I Surrender" by Joy Williams), is one of my favorites. It came on at the end of my run and I got a BURST of energy. I LOVE this chorus:

Everything I held so precious
Everything I've kept away
I give it up, give it up
All for YOU, I give it All for you

Everything I have that's treasure, I give all for YOU.

No matter what kind of day I'd had mattered. Everything I spin my wheels doing, everything I hold dear and precious to me, all come from Him. Giving it all back to Him is freeing.
There's an old hymn I sang growing up called "All To Jesus, I Surrender". I think life has taught me what that really means.

2 comments:

Melanie and Alisa said...

Angela,
You won a copy of The Husband Project! I'm sure I have your address somewhere but send it to me again please so I can get the book in the mail tomorrow.My email is mdorsey@tampabay.rr.com.
Next Monday (7/20) I start the 5 Day Mini Project if you want to join in.
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Kristi Smalley said...

I love this post!!!! However, I can hardly leave a serious comment after seeing your picture at the top. ADORABLE!!!!!