Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Pink Shirt

At "The Real You" this past Thursday, I had the opportunity to speak and share my story. I was nervous going into it, but I felt God's peace. Thank you for those of you who were praying for me! At the end of my talk, I went backstage and took off ALL my makeup, put on my sweats and slippers, and came back out to close the evening. After all, it's THE REAL YOU! This was merely an illustration of how God's love has transformed my life. From someone who was so insecure and cared WAY too much about what people thought of me, to being confident in Christ and in my skin.

So, I came back out in this shirt.

This shirt has a story.

This was my dad's shirt when he was younger. His brother owned a t-shirt making factory and my dad had this one made. I LOVE this shirt. My dad is my hero. #1, because he wore a HOT PINK shirt as a youngster...still have to ask him about that one! But because he truly lives a life that is VICTORIOUS in Jesus. My dad's life was radically changed when he gave his life to Christ. When I got married and moved down to Georgia, I snuck (okay, I stole) this shirt. It's my favorite. And, yes, I wear it all the time. Now, when I stole it, I liked it because of the color, but now, I can really appreciate it for what it says. VICTORY IN JESUS!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

You did it!
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Kristi Smalley said...

I'm glad the event went well. I would love to hear your testimony.

Kristi said...

I love the REAL YOU! Would have loved to have been there.

Unknown said...

aw man! i'm soooo sad i missed it! way to go, ang! love the shirt and its story too! did they record it?

Donna said...

I'm glad it all went well. Cool shirt and cool story!

Lindsey said...

You were AWESOME! by the way, I have a new blog...www.moredifferent.blogger.com You better check it out!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.hommelv2013.com]Louis Vuitton Sac[/url]Louis Vuitton Homme[/url]Louis Vuitton Sac[url=http://www.hommelv2013.com]Louis Vuitton Soldes[/url] sac Louis Vuitton [url=http://www.vuittonsachomme.fr]Louis Vuitton sac à main[/url]