Monday, March 23, 2009

"Mommy, you smell like Africa"

That's what I've woken up to the last 2 mornings. Wesley comes down, stands next to my bed patting me on the shoulder until I wake up. Then, he crawls into bed with me and we have a little snuggle time. All is sweet, and right with the world in these moments. So, when I hear him say..."mommy, you smell like Africa", I have to wonder. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? The only connection he makes to Africa right now is that daddy goes to Africa on trips. When we pick him up from the airport, he usually hasn't been able to shower in days. Soooooo, does my kid think I need a shower? Oh dear! :)

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Hilarious! How in the world do their little minds work??!!
Maybe he thinks of daddy's work in Africa as sweet and that's where you comme in? :)

Dolly said...

so funny! I can just hear you chuckling at that one.

I love your new blog look a the pic of your boys is adorable!

Donna said...

That is funny, Angela!! Well, maybe it's the morning breath????

Kristi Smalley said...

That is hilarious!!!! They do have open sewer systems in Africa ya know! Maybe some Binaca in your nightstand might be in order. HA!! J/K