Saturday, August 16, 2008

Well, they love each other after all.

I can't tell you how many time in the past year I have said, "stop hitting him", "I'm gonna separate you", "be nice to your brother", or "you're both in time out!". Will and Wesley fight A LOT. I've read all I can get my hands on about raising boys. I know it's normal for boys to be aggressive, but there are days, when they just beat each other up!

So, when I stumbled upon this moment the other night, I was overjoyed. Wesley had been sick all day. He said he felt like he was going to throw up and asked to go to the bathroom. I put the stool down so he could sit on it and lean on the toilet. Then, I went to go get his wet washcloth for his forehead to help his fever. I came back upstairs and Will had taken over my spot for me. He was rubbing Wesley's back and saying, "it's okay buddy, I'm here." Then, I heard Wesley say, "thanks Will.". It literally MELTED my heart.

If you're thinking, what kind of mom would get her camera while her kid is puking?, I don't blame you. It was just too sweet, in a weird sort of way, not to capture it. :)

I picked this Jonas Brothers song for my playlist because it is one of the things they can agree on. They both really like this song. Wesley is feeling much better by the way. It was just a 24 hour thing.

9 comments:

jenniferg said...

That is the sweetest thing!!! I love the big brother, little brother thing! Your boys never fight when they are at our house. They are great little buddies.

Amy said...

Angela, that brought a lump in my throat and a tear to my eye!! I'm so glad you captured it on film. What a precious, priceless moment!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, seriously...that is so sweet!

Kristi Smalley said...

I laughed as I was reading your post because as a mother of two boys who are 2 years apart...I SO RELATE! Mine bicker and fight and fuss and pick on each other ALL THE TIME!!! It does get a little bit better with age but then it changes to verbal picking. Anyway, mine are the same....they act like they can't stand each other but if anyone else messes with them, they are each other's #1 defenders. I would have gotten a picture too. You have captured a moment in time that you will look back on and laugh for years to come. GOOD POST!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. I cannot believe this. I think this is one of the sweetest moments I have ever seen. I love you and the fact that you took the picture while puking....that is so me....but evidently you didn't have to worry because will had it covered.

Hollie said...

Hi! I had lunch today with Amy Bloye and the subject of blogging came up and she told me you were blogging. Your husband has been to our church a few times to speak when we have been out of town, but i have not met him! I know Pete keeps in touch with him. Anyways, I wanted to stop by and say "Hello"

Anonymous said...

Tell my boys that Granny is so proud of them! I miss you guys but love the blog - makes me feel for a few minutes that I'm there! Hear a helicopter coming in so I'll go see what's 'up' - Love ya sweetie!

Janie said...

Awww...so sweet!! Will is modeling the compassion he has seen in you and Paul.

Dolly said...

This is really sweet Angela! Good job capturing this precious moment. You've got good boys and you're a great mommy!