Tuesday, August 5, 2008

35 Random Things About Me

1. I once caught 2 stingrays on one line while fishing with my dad.

2. I like to doodle, especially when talking on the phone.

3. I was almost named Lindy Sue.

4. I love, LOVE going to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina.

5. I laugh a lot when I'm nervous.

6. I change my sheets every 2 or 3 days.

7. Amy Grant gets on my nerves. (sorry if you're an Amy Grant fan)

8. I wish I had a basement for all the tornado warnings we get.

9. I listen to Rush Limbaugh.

10. I love old nightgowns, and aprons.

11. My favorite part of the brownie is the corners.

12. Strong perfume makes me sick and gives me headaches. If I'm sitting behind you in church and I move, it's cause your perfume is too strong! :) I mean that in the nicest of ways.

13. My favorite thing to do with my gramma is wake up in the morning and have breakfast with her...we have toast and her homemade peach jam. We watch the birds outside her kitchen window and talk.

14. I love the smell of my boys when they're all sweaty. That will change when they're teenagers, but right now, it's sweet.

15. I chew on the inside of my cheek when I'm stressed or busy. My dentist told me to stop because he could see the damage I was doing...EMBARRASSING!

16. I wash my feet EVERY night before bed. I've done this as long as I can remember.

17. I didn't see the ocean until I was 14 years old! Sheesh!

18. I color my eyebrows.

19. I always pull the extra piece of fat off of my Chic-fil-a sandwich - there's one little fat chunk that hasn't been removed and if I get it in my mouth, I'll heave.

20. It makes me laugh when people come over the loud speakers in Wal-mart, Target, etc. and they are rude. Like..."Sam, from electronics would you PUH-LEASE come to customer service?" Then you hear a huff or sigh in the microphone before they hang up. Come on people, the whole store can hear you, it's not OUR fault SAM isn't coming right away, don't take it out on the innocent.

21. I love pudding skin. You only get it with homemade pudding. The part that dries on top while it's cooling...YUM!

22. When I was little I would find earthworms that were starting to dry up and die and run inside and get water and try to save them. I couldn't stand to see them writhing around in agony. Now, my 5 year old does the same thing...making mommy proud!

23. The nightstand in my bedroom is salvaged from my neighbors (down the street) trash. I asked them if they were throwing it away and if I could have it. I painted it and it's now my nightstand. Paul wanted to die of embarrassment when I did that.

24. I like to make "to-do" lists.

25. I love a nicely wrapped present.

26. Whenever I see a homeless person - I get so sad it literally makes me sick and I can't get them off my mind.

27. I sing ALL the time. Anything can make me think of a song. I'm not a great singer, but I can carry a tune. My boys have asked me to stop singing before. That hurt, thaaaaaat hurt.

28. I like to talk in cliches for fun, for example: Well, better "hit the hay", get some "shut-eye" cause you know, "the early bird gets the worm". It makes me laugh. Old people do this a lot. I used to work for an orthodontist who would say the funniest things. Like if someone was upset he'd say..."boy, she's really got a bee in her bonnet". Ha!

29. My favorite milkshake is from Steak n Shake. Half vanilla, half chocolate, jr. size. YUM!

30. Me and my boys lay flat on our driveway and watch the sunset and stare at the sky. We pretend we're flying. I'm convinced my neighbors think I'm crazy...I go digging through their trash and lay on my driveway.

31. I have never seen ET.

32. My dad taught me everything about nature. Every kind of tree - I can tell by the leaves and the bark, animals, insects, etc...I'm pretty savvy. Now, it's fun to see him teaching my boys.

33. I try different handwritings for fun.

34. I'd secretly love to live in the north east. Connecticut, Vermont, etc. Where you get 4 TRUE seasons.

35. I've wanted to lose 10 pounds for 10 years.

8 comments:

Dolly said...

I LOVED reading these things about you and laughed through most of them. I remember being there when you saw the beach for the first time. Wasn't that on a Living Proof trip to VA beach?

I love how you talk in cliches too! I do the same thing and sometimes I don't think people get my humor. I think they think I'm just a little cheesy. That's why I think you're so funny!

tawn said...

Angela,

You are "cuter than a bug in a rug"! Love Ya!

tawn said...

Also, Paul and you are a "match made in heaven.....like two peas in a pod!"

Tonya said...

I love reading all these things about you and everyone else! I can just see you doing and saying all these things...it makes me laugh! Same ol'Angela...how refreshing!

The Goldsmith's Gazette said...

I too have been trying to lose 10 pounds for about 10 years, what seems to be the problem? Your random things were really cute!

Kristi Smalley said...

Angela, you are HILARIOUS!!!! I loved reading your 35 things even thought I have never met you. I laughed at the randomness of them. You were very creative with your list. Too funny, too funny. BTW - your boys are dolls....you have a mini-me and a mini-he.

jenniferg said...

Love the random things... Sorry about the perfume. I'll make note of that. No wonder you ride with the window down. Next time, just tell me. "Cat got your tongue?".. just speak up and tell me I stink.

Thought of one more random thing you left off... which we both have in common. We have the horrible curse of laughing uncontrollably at folks falling (if they are not hurt) or embarrassing moments. No, we are not mean spirited... just an issue we are working on.

Donna said...

Those were great, Angela! I really did laugh out loud when I read about your cliches....bee in a bonnet! Haha! I heard one the other day that I didn't quite get, but it was funny---I'm gonna clean his clock. I dont' get it!

Anyway, your 35's made me smile:)