Thursday, July 24, 2008

Road Trip

Last weekend I went on a little road trip to Virginia. I've never gone by myself without the boys before. Paul stayed here with Will and Wesley. I got to spend some time with my family and go to my sweet friend Dolly's shower. So....weekend recap: (see slide show for pic's to go along with recap:)

Thursday, I rode up in the Moxey mobile. Lola-Reese and I gave each other tattoos and we sang and watched movies. These guys are great travelers!

As soon as I arrived at my parents, mom and I started eating and shopping. That's what we do. My parents took me to King's Island (my favorite chinese restaurant) for dinner. Then mom and I went to the Farm Basket on Friday for lunch. While we were there, we ran into Paul's mom, aunt, cousin and granny. That was a sweet time.

That night I spent some time with my nephews and my brother. Sutton, Jack, Evan, Max and auntie Angela had a water balloon fight, I mean... WAR! I filled up water balloons and Jason tied them. My fingers were raw from trying to tie those things. ouch. I let the boys BLAST me. My dad could not help himself, he had to get in on the action and started dropping them on us from the deck above. He's still a kid at heart.

Saturday morning, mom and I woke up and hit TJ Maxx and went to Shakers for the best chicken fingers on the planet. Then I was off to Dolly's shower.

Boy, what do I say about this girl? Dolly has been a friend of mine since I can remember. 5 years old maybe. And, now to see her having a little baby (BOY) of her own, makes my heart so happy for her. The shower started off with a story telling by Teecy. Then we played a game, who could come up with the most songs with the word "Baby" in them. Not trying to brag, but I took first place...yep, eh. Dolly got the hippest gifts. Baby Michael is gonna be stylin!

I was able to catch up with friends over the weekend. And made a few new friends...Kim Handy if you're reading this...I will never forget the furniture in the lawn story. You're hilarious!

Sunday, we headed back home in the Moxey mobile again. We were all a little more tired going home. At one of our gas stops, Kirsten and I raided the convenient store (see slide show). And, the Moxey's introduced me to the Hershey pie at Burger King. If you haven't had one...get one!

It was great to have some time with family and friends, but I was so excited to see all my boys. I got to hear all their stories when I got back. Which I will post about. Some are just too good not to share. One involves Paul, Will, Wesley and Calvin....stay tuned.

3 comments:

Denise said...

That was nice Angela. I love ready ANYTHING about good old Lynchburg! Gotta love it. I am glad that you had a little fun time away, but it is always nice to come home to your little ones and hubby!

Kristi Smalley said...

Angela, you are just the cutest thing!!!! What a fun trip you had. Are you and Paul both from Lynchburg? How great is that! I noticed the green lawn and lush foliage. Such a contrast to Big D where the 100 degree weather has fried everything. I LOVED LYNCHBURG so much!

Dolly said...

What a great recap Angela! I loved having you here. I really loved the pictures of you with your nephews and dad. It was like you were a little girl again. I'm glad you had a nice gettaway to the burg and I know you were a huge help to the Moxey's as you were the "Nanny" in the back seat the whole trip. Call me when you come back soon.