Thursday, July 3, 2008

The 50 Nifty United States


These are my all time favorite fireworks. You know the ones that look like a weeping willow tree. They seem to never end. Even when it's done, you feel like you can still see them in the sky. I can't help it every time I see them, I "oooooh and ahhhhh". I love how fireworks make everybody do that. It's not like being in a movie theatre where it's impolite to comment or talk outloud. You can clap and cheer and Oooh and ahhh all you want!!!


This weekend my mother-n-law, Carol is in town. We started the festivities a day early by going to the waterfall. These boys were so excited to show Granny their favorite new "hang-out".

We had a good 'ol fashioned cookout at the house tonight and put on our own little display of fireworks.

My husband Paul, loves to "choreograph" our fireworks display. He sets everything out ahead of time and keeps 'em coming. There's never a break in the show. Will LOVES fireworks, Wesley...not much of a fan. He stayed wrapped up in my arms for most of it. But, by the end he warmed up to them.

Here's a picture of our explosives...




Our next door neighbors came over and watched them with us. We love when they do that.

The boys are in bed and it's about 11:00 pm. I'm still hearing fireworks going off around the neighborhood. I LOVE THIS! Tomorrow night for the 4th we are headed to see the ATLANTA BRAVES! They're playing the Texas Astros. Yep, that's right, we're going to a baseball game for the 4th of July! I'm gonna make a sign for the boys to hold up that says "America Rocks". Our seats are right off the field, so I'm hoping to get the boys some face time on the screens. :) We might hit the Varsity first for a hot dog. And, we're gonna stay until the very end for the fireworks. Here's hopin' for a Weeping Willow!

Everybody have a happy and safe 4th of July! God Bless the USA!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is nothing because your blog is not interesting to read.

Anonymous said...

649 lotto results - If you don't have anything nice to say, please say nothing at all.

Anonymous said...

649 lotto results is just trying to get free advertising for a useless site. Don't fall for it and don't click on it guys...

Love your blog my sweet friend, keeps me up on what's going on with you guys when we don't have time to chat! Some people said the same of "Seinfeld", a show defined as being about nothing, but it was one of my favorites. I feel fortunate to have the ability to appreciate the delightfully simple things like family, friends, patriotism and cool names for nail polish, which is why I choose to surround myself with those who refuse to overlook life's true gems. You are one of those kiddo, be thrilled you get it and keep those who don't in your prayers. Love you much!!

Anonymous said...

I love all your stories and pictures. It reminds me when my boys were little. They grow up so fast. I think I'm a little melancholy today!
Love you,
Jeanne

Denise said...

Oh, Angela, we miss going to Braves games! I know you had a fun time. So fun! So relaxing!

Dolly said...

What a FUN 4th of July for you and your family. Going to a Braves game is about American as you can get, that and of course a hot dog from the Varsity! You're a great boy's mom Angela! You make things so much fun.

Donna said...

Now I have the 50 Nifty United States song in my head! Sounds like y'all had a fun 7/4! I love fireworks, too, and the fun sounds they make!!