Sunday, July 6, 2008

I hear wedding bells!



It's that time of year. Wedding season! We've been to quite a few weddings lately. Paul has married 3 couples in the last month. I took this picture of my hubby last night from my seat.

Last night we went to a sweet wedding out in the country. It was at an old white house called the McGarity house. White chairs were lined up between rows of apple trees. Little Ball jars filled with candles hung from the trees.

The setting was so romantic. I couldn't think of a more fun date! Music, dancing, punch, and something to get dressed up for!

I snuck a few pictures here and there. Trying not to "step on the photographer's toes".

I need to freshen up on my wedding etiquette though. Everyone has their own style and it's making it hard to know, what to wear...etc.

For example:

1.Should you wear white to a wedding?

2.Should you take pictures with your own camera? (Like I did over and over)

3.Is it okay to get up out of your chair and say hello to other people after you've already been officially seated? (Oh my word, I did that too, but, since it was outdoors, I figured it was okay)

If there's an etiquette rule, I'm bound to break it. Here's how I rationalize it though...if I act like I KNEW what I was doing all along and am confident about it, then maybe, just maybe no one will notice. Maybe they'll think I'M the one doing it right and copy me!


10 comments:

melissaxmacaroni said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristi Smalley said...

Angela...if you and Paul weren't the "purtiest" little Southern thangs I have ever seen.

Reading these blogs make me miss the East SOOOOO bad. It is so pretty and sweet and romantic.

You were all worried but people were probably like, "Wow, that is the preacher's wife over there....How do I act? Should I say hello to her?"

Dolly said...

I agree with Kristi. Go with being your sweet self and don't worry about the wedding rules. You and Paul look great and what a fun date night!

Donna said...

Imagine me whistling right now at you! You look good, Angela! Laughing at your caption of Paul, too. I can totally hear you saying that. Now, about the getting up out of your seat after you've been seated....I will say that I get annoyed when people do this. I went to a funeral a while back and people kept getting up after they were seated to say hi to others. It DROVE ME CRAZY and made me mad. I don't know if it would so much at a wedding, but I would just save the hugs and greetings for after the ceremony. That's my opinion. Just an opinion, though:)

Anonymous said...

you guys are just so cute. i miss you both so much! I love your pictures. Neither of you have changed whatsoever! And your kids are adorable!!

:-)
Steph

Stephanie said...

That one didn't post with my picture so I'm doing it again just so it does it right...

Angela Richardson said...

Donna, you crack me up girl! I can totally picture you whistling. Is it one of those where you use your fingers and whistle like a cowboy? I've never been able to do that.

I do think funerals are different. Staying seated is better manners. I'll remember that next time I'm at a funeral or wedding though. We've been to a lot of both lately.

Ha! I can see you sitting there with your arms crossed, like..."uh, I wish those people would sit down!"

Anonymous said...

McKenna doesn't like fireworks either!!!! She curled up in the fetal position and covered her ears the entire time! Caia, on the other hand, LOVED it!

Toni R. said...

I need to brush up on my wedding etiquette too! Eddie and I are going to a wedding next month!

jenniferg said...

Wedding question.. Can little girls wear white to a wedding? 6:00 wedding?