Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Swimsuit Season

I bought myself a swimsuit for summer. This is worth noting because it is actually a SWIM DRESS! I sooooo badly wanted one of the cute little Roxy swimsuits with ruffles. I must have tried on 50. It was agony. Pure agony. I felt like a little old lady talking to myself in the fitting room - "who MAKES these things anymore? There's barely anything holding them together!" The poor fitting room attendant just sighed as I put all the swimsuits on the "these don't work" rack. Man! That was NO FUN! When I was leaving the swimsuit area, I passed by 1 rack that had these Nautica swimdresses. I looked and thought sarcastically to myself.."Ha! now that's more like it! really, I can just see myself wearing a dress at the pool!" However the longer I looked at it, it grew on me. So I gave it a try. Wesley came in the fitting room with me this time. I asked him what he thought - "ummm, mommy, that's not a swimsuit silly, that's a dress!" Now the swimdress I got is actually really cute. I like that it's worry free. I don't have to worry about sucking in, yanking, tugging, squeezing, pulling, adjusting, etc. I figure if my toes are polished and I wear a cute wrap with it, I just might be able to pull it off.

It's also worth noting that after getting my swimdress -

I walked into Old Navy.

Found my boys sizes in swim trunks and rash guards.

Took them off the rack.

Paid and left the store.

Within 3 minutes.

Guys have it easy.

5 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

Angela, you are so funny!!!! (BTW - I loved all the pictures from your last post...you have been such a busy girl). Back to the swimsuits...I am also going to get a swimdress this year. I have finally accepted the fact that I have my great-grandmother's saggy butt and people don't really enjoy seeing my hiney cheeks hanging out the back of a regular swimsuit. Oh the joys of age!!!!

Mandy said...

Heeheee!!!! I gave up 2 summers ago - Lands End makes cute "swimskirts"! :)

tawn said...

I have never heard of a "swimdress", but then I gave up wearing anything CLOSE to swim apparel...shoot, I don't even wear shorts.

And Angela, you have nothing to suck in, yank, tug at, squeeze, pull, or adjust!

Melanie said...

I saw swimdresses at Marshall's recently.
Maybe I will email you a pic of what I found for a "swimsuit."

Dolly said...

Girl, let's see a picture! Either with you in it or one of the suit.
I love your description of shopping for a swimsuit. You make me laugh!