Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Feeding Samaritan's Purse

Tonight some of our bible study gals cooked for the volunteers of Samaritan's Purse. They have set up camp in our church parking lot and have been here working since...SEPTEMBER! These people are amazing. Folks from all over the map have taken vacation days and time off from work to come and help rebuild and repair homes damaged by last years floods. I am blown away that people would use their "free" time to work their fingers to the bone for our community. And they do this all over the world. It was a blessing to be able to cook one small meal to feed these people. I can't wait to do it again. If you go to WRC and want to feed them, contact Casey Brown at gcwhlb@yahoo.com.

Tonight we listened as the volunteers re-capped their day. A group of teenage girls taught themselves how to HANG DRYWALL!  NO EXCUSES!!! I can't think of a better way to spend our time here on earth than helping people in need. Being the hands and feet of Christ. Oooooo, I'm gettin' excited for Community Makeover! Stay tuned...

5 comments:

Simon Gonzalez said...

Angela, your blog appeared in one of my Samaritan's Purse news feeds. It was so well-written and had such nice things to say about our volunteers that I couldn't resist using it for our site: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/index.php/Samaritans_Purse_Today/post/serving_the_servants/

Kristi Smalley said...

WOW! That is great Angela! I'm glad you are getting published on SP's site. There is no better feeling that serving other people.

Angela Richardson said...

Oh my goodness! Thank you Simon! I hope it will spur more people on to serve these wonderful volunteers!

Dolly said...

Way to go Angela!!! SP is such a great organization and I'm glad they are still there serving your community. Even more, sounds like you and your Bible study have been a blessing to them.

Donna said...

That's so cool that y'all did that! I bet it was fun. I'm glad they are still there working, too!

That girl in the orange shirt looks really familiar. She has a face that looks like someone famous?