Thursday, April 1, 2010

I found the MOTHER...

of all black widows!!! I cannot express how much I detest spiders. Today the boys and I are sprucing up the yard and pulling weeds. I was just about to pull this weed by the basketball goal. I looked a second time and saw this fella staring right at me!!! It's the hugest, fattest, creepiest spider I've ever laid eyes on!!! 
aren't you soooo glad I shared that???

On to something not so creepy...we have a HUGE red headed woodpecker in our woods. Last month I got a picture of him. It's hard to get a pic because he hears us coming and flies away. 
It might feel like playing "Where's Waldo" - can you see him? He's smack in the middle of the picture and the hole he has pecked away at is HUGE now. I took a picture of the SAME tree today...boy has this bird been busy!

2 comments:

Donna said...

That is AWFUL! Ever since I had that brown recluse bite me a few years ago, I H-A-T-E spiders!!!! I kill them with a vengence!

tawn said...

Angela, I would have screamed if I found that spider. I am so scared of spiders. And I can't kill them ....mkes me sick to my stomach (they either crunch or spat!) So I holler for Gene to kill them. You are a brave woman, or did you have a VERY GOOD zoom?